Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    I recently got a att black palm centro and via an online site unlocked it.
    However, I'm currently using T-Mobile and as of yet am not set up for a data plan. My question is how exactly do I go about using these custom roms and which one would be best for me. I want to keep voice dial and the calculator app and in doing so could I possibly brick the phone and is it unbrickable?
    I used to mod Motorolas so I have a general sense of all the technicalities.
    lastly since I don't have a data plan is there a working aim messenger client or similar that can run aim that uses data?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Could anyone who has done the Custom ROM application to their Centro tell me something,...

As Versamail gets removed out from the package, what happens to the display on the Calendar Agenda screen. Usually, there is a space on the bottom of the Agenda screen reserved specifically for a Versamail account. Is it just blanked out?

I only stumbled onto this thread yesterday and being a former Treo 650 owner and performing a custom ROM application on that, I would definitely like to give this a shot. The instructions seem easy enough to follow, however I have some preferences on which files to include & exclude and am wondering if anyone could help me out. Unfortunately, this means I'm looking at you James - sorry to put you on the spot.

Is there any way I can get a ROM with the following apps excluded:

-DocumentsToGo
    -Pocket Tunes
    -GoogleMaps
    -VersaMail

Please keep in the Calc, VoicePad (a.k.a. Voice Memo) & everything else. While I understand that you posted these files again separately, I'd rather not have to re-install them every time I feel it necessary to do a Hard Reset. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by aowald View Post
    Could anyone who has done the Custom ROM application to their Centro tell me something,...

As Versamail gets removed out from the package, what happens to the display on the Calendar Agenda screen. Usually, there is a space on the bottom of the Agenda screen reserved specifically for a Versamail account. Is it just blanked out?
    I'm sure it would just display a Zero count, same as if you hadn't ever activated Versamail in the first place.

In the Display Options menu of Calendar there's an option to not display your email and tasks & it adds more calendar info instead.. so if you're worried about having a blank space, there's your answer.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    In the Display Options menu of Calendar there's an option to not display your email and tasks & it adds more calendar info instead.. so if you're worried about having a blank space, there's your answer.
    Ah, I didn't even think about removing the check mark. Well that answers half of my post. Thanks fstopstigmata!

Now, if there's any chance of that custom ROM being made eventually, that would be really cool.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    One more other thing about this Custom Rom,...

In MFB's post dated from 09/21/2008, 11:30 AM (should be page 4 of this thread), there are things that were listed being removed that I'm not too familiar with. Could anyone tell me what the Troubleshooter is and what the Tips are?

Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    The following apps have been removed.
    1. DTG
    2. Ptunes
    3. Calc
    4. Troubleshooter
    5. All non english related files
    6. Versamail files
    7. Voice pad
    8. Voice commands
    9. Google
    10. Tips
    Troubleshooter is a little built in app that runs some basic hardware tests screen, buttons etc. Tips are the little helpful pop-ups, did you know...
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Oh, now I see what you mean. Thanks James.

I don't want to seem troublesome. I read this whole thread and know that you've been through a lot and are very busy in general, but I'm hoping that you might help out with my request only at your convenience. Thanks in advance & Happy Holidays.
    after doing the firmware update and then one of the rom updates, I lost the voicedial app. Then from one of the links I put its prc files back into my phone. However, now it doesn't work. I am using a palm centro. Anyone else have this problem or simular?
    hey guys any chance of combing the gnome-palmos.zip.a.pdb to gnome-palmos.zip.f.pdb to make it easier to modify the rom?
    edit- I was able to get the rom even smaller, however I don't know how to split it back to it's native format to be used with this updater.
    http://fileshed.bravehost.com/uploads/gnome-palmos.zip
    Last edited by hawkeyefile; 12/21/2008 at 06:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    The Versamail is missing in the custom ROM.
    so if anybody want to get Versamail and reinstall it again on Centro just get the "Centro Versamail Update installer 4.0.1" from palm site and install it onto your Palm Centro.

Here is the download link for Versamail update installed from Palm:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...m4updater.html
    I was able to get the rom even smaller, however I don't know how to split it back to it's native format to be used with this updater.
    http://fileshed.bravehost.com/uploads/gnome-palmos.zip
    Hi James

Just wanted to say thanks for all you do for our Centro (& treo650) community. Much appreciated.

I also wanted to offer my prayers that this Christmas will be peaceful and not too painful as you remember the loss of your mum.

Thanks for everything - you are a generous individual.

Richard (from the land down under)
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    He also said in the post that he was too busy to take requests at this time.
    Sue how do you get a background pic behind your icons?
    James / MFB
    thanks a ton i just hooked up the rom on my new centro. rock solid as usual ! thanks for all the time and effort...
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    james,
    regarding waiting for 1.08 sprint update to come out. i had a chance to compare some of the rom files on both 1.07 against 1.08 and app versions appear to be the same for (at very least) the phone and launcher. my guess is that the 1.08 version just has something to do with handling the larger ram size on the new centro, which may mean that there won't be an update of 1.08 for the old sprint centros.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    In addition to memory changes, the ones that are more likely to be updated are email, bluetooth drivers, and google maps.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    just stopped by the sprint store to check, the only difference in rom between the two is updated google maps and facebook included. bt, phone, blazer, email are all the same version as .07
    Quote Originally Posted by christak View Post
    I bought a palm centro from AT&T and unlocked it to use in Canada. Everything works but everytime someone calls me it says "roaming", it doesnt say roaming any other time and im not being charged for roaming. The problem is that even though I changed the ringtones and I made friends have specific ringtones it keeps ringing the same one. I deleted all the ringtones but I cant delete "AT&T Tone"....It seems that AT&T's version doesn't include a menu for roaming to turn off or change the ringtone....just wanted to know if there is a way to get rid of this or a rom tool i can use to fix this?
    I have the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Hi,
    I have an unlocked AT&T centro, using it in Canada on Fido. I can't seem to send text messages. Does anyone know why?
    Thanks.
    So my texting works now and I'm trying out the RingProfiles software from apricotsoftware to change the ringtone for roaming calls. It seems to be working.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast