Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of relfashing with MFB ROM

does anyone else think I should keep Voice Dial?
    Is this program useful?

Gap
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Voice dial is useful if you need to dial by voice.
    for me its not coz i have to use a program called piloc and when voice dial launched it reset my Centro, for that i upgraded to MFB ROM and get ride of the voice dial and im so happy with that .
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    thank you for confirming that amjz!

Now finding a way to back my original rom....
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Oh ya last question

What is the MFB's ROM phone apps like?

Is it like the treo650 or treo680?

I saw some Centro have different phone app interfaces.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    gapleki, its like Treo 680
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Thank you AMJZ!!

I asked because I saw the sprint version treo... it looks like treo650 :0

Thank you for the info
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I can delete it via palm delete, so it's fine

---------
    Just installed it... update is so fast..
    But the google map still in there? I thought this is clean version

Gap.
    Last edited by gapleki; 11/21/2008 at 10:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citi-Zen View Post
    I just got my new Sprint olive green Centro delivered yesterday to replace my aging (nearly 4 year old) Treo 650. The color looks awesome in person btw.

I REALLY like the new soft-touch paint, and the keyboard also has a soft plastic that is just a bit tacky for grip. 128mb also helped me decide that I should go this route instead of continuing to wait to see what finally happens with Nova. :|

This new Centro revision also comes with 1.08 installed which is cool but I'm looking forward to being able to strip out some of the unnecessaries with a custom ROM.
    Hey, me too. Also my wife has the "old" model in pink. Whether or not she wants me to tinker with it remains to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bebz View Post
    Thanks guys, this stuff is really great. I had created my own custom roms before for the Treo 650, is there a similar tool that will allow me to do the same with the Centro?
    Exactly the same boat here.
    Treo 650 -> Centro 128 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    I have been waiting for the 1.08 because you know if I do the other 1.08 will come out the next day. I thought it would be out by now. When 1.08 comes out I was going to sit down and do it and the Verizon version at the same time.
    James,
    Thank you sooo much! I am very excited about a fix for the US locked Verizon Centro!!!! You are awesome! I will probably need help since I am completely new to this ROM update stuff. I'll see what I can do when the time comes.
    Coco
    Damn Verizon. Evvvilllllllll.
    I hope to see that rom fix for us [particularly myself and rather unfortunate] VZ users, I could make good use out of all that wasted space from useless crap.
    SarahAshley
    LiveLaughLove
    James, Thank you so much.

I update my AT&T centro with your ROM and Firmware successfully.

I am so happy not to see all ATT junk programs.

- Jong
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    This will greatly benefit those who have unlocked Centros from Singapore. The cjkos and other chinese related files really take up a lot of rom space we English language users dont need.
    On the other hand, I would love to have CJKOS built in into my Centro. I wonder how could I get my hand on that....
    I've unlocked my sprint centro, flashed with cricket PRL, converted fully now to cricket, BUT as many of you know, can't get the mobile web since the MIP settings revert on sprint's rom. Verizon, AT&T, no issue. Can someone just un-write protect whatever file holds the carrier token or tell me what file it is? OR has someone released a custom rom for sprint centro that is 'unbranded' or whatever you call it when the carrier token is cleared?

Also, is there a version of romtool that works on centro>? I have googled myself silly, and checked this and two other main forums and not found any of the above answers, but be assured, I have scoured the web

If I knew the filename that holds the carrier token, I and many other sprint centro owners would be a lot happier with our conversions!

Thanks to all for the good info here, and to any that may have insight for me
    Anybody happen to have the IM program (yahoo, msn and aim) from the AT&T ROM? I do miss that. It suddenly has a usefulness at work - my subordinates can IM me when I go out for a smoke and won't have to cut it short to answer their questions
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofra View Post
    Anybody happen to have the IM program (yahoo, msn and aim) from the AT&T ROM? I do miss that. It suddenly has a usefulness at work - my subordinates can IM me when I go out for a smoke and won't have to cut it short to answer their questions
    Download Webmessenger instead. It's faster, more stable and free.

Or here's an idea: quit smoking-it'll save you tons of money, you can retire healthy and happy, AND you'll have some extra kb on your Centro!
    =D
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Download Webmessenger instead. It's faster, more stable and free.

Or here's an idea: quit smoking-it'll save you tons of money, you can retire healthy and happy, AND you'll have some extra kb on your Centro!
    =D
    Ah but see, the AT&T IM (aka OZ messenger) uses sms, not data. Though I have a data plan, I'd much prefer the SMS route as I use it a lot more than I do data (and have the plans accordingly).

And if I wanted a sermon about quitting smoking, I'd talk to my mother.
    Any word on a custom Sprint ROM?
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofra View Post
    Ah but see, the AT&T IM (aka OZ messenger) uses sms, not data. Though I have a data plan, I'd much prefer the SMS route as I use it a lot more than I do data (and have the plans accordingly).

And if I wanted a sermon about quitting smoking, I'd talk to my mother.
    Just messin with ya, buddy. But I had no idea the delivery method was different between the programs.. I have unlimited data, so I guess I just never pay attention to those details.
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy_o_tool View Post
    Any word on a custom Sprint ROM?
    It has been tough to get some free time lately. In the current economic times I need to make sure everyone who pays my bills stay happy . I am still planning on it.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    It has been tough to get some free time lately. In the current economic times I need to make sure everyone who pays my bills stay happy . I am still planning on it.

Thanks James, looking forward to the Sprint custom ROM as well. It does not look like a 1.08 ROM update will be released for those of us on 1.07
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast