Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 got a little wet and everything works fine except it never turns off. When I manually turn it off or let it turn off it comes right back on to a HotSync Operation, even when I don't press anything and this drains the battery very quickly. I have tried to reset and that did nothing. Any help? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxmiller_timexx View Post
    My Treo 650 got a little wet and everything works fine except it never turns off. When I manually turn it off or let it turn off it comes right back on to a HotSync Operation, even when I don't press anything and this drains the battery very quickly. I have tried to reset and that did nothing. Any help? Thanks.
    Hmmm, can't say for sure but maybe a bit of moisture is still inside somewhere. The only advice I have is to open it up, set the phone piece-by-piece somewhere safe for about 24-48 hours and let it air dry.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

    Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DL.Cummings View Post
    Hmmm, can't say for sure but maybe a bit of moisture is still inside somewhere. The only advice I have is to open it up, set the phone piece-by-piece somewhere safe for about 24-48 hours and let it air dry.
    Well, it has weird screws...so I'm not sure. Would it be OK for me to take it apart?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxmiller_timexx View Post
    Well, it has weird screws...so I'm not sure. Would it be OK for me to take it apart?
    Only if you are comfortable with taking your phone apart. If you are not comfortable doing it, maybe a techie-friend could help.

    As for the screws, you need a T5 torx. You can get one from Sears for less than $5.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

    Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  5.    #5  
    Oh, well I wouldn't mind taking it apart, just didn't know about the screws. Thanks!
    And do you think I could just leave the battery out and let it dry or would I HAVE to take all of it apart?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxmiller_timexx View Post
    Oh, well I wouldn't mind taking it apart, just didn't know about the screws. Thanks!
    And do you think I could just leave the battery out and let it dry or would I HAVE to take all of it apart?
    It would really depend on where any moisture was at. I personally would take the phone apart (not in it's entirety, but the major pieces) and let it sit somewhere for a day or two and then check it out. I can't say this will positively work, but it's a possibility.
    No problem should ever be solved twice.

    Verizon Treo650 W/Custom ROM
  7. #7  
    After I fell into water at the beach, I gave my Treo a clean-water bath, dry every peice and it works. So, I suspect you still have some parts being wet.

    Went I first try to power up mine before it fully dries, I did ran into difficulties. I took EVERYTHING apart and put each peice by the air-conditioner vent. After drying it for a day, it works.

    Don't take short cuts - as much as you can, take the whole thing apart so each peice get dry.

    (Air Conditioning Vent - very good at drying since the cooling process took out a lot of moisture in the air, and unlike the fridge, it is not so cold that you get condensation on the parts.)
  8. #8  
    I took the battery out when my phone got a little wet. It had time to dry and the hot syncing cycle stopped, but I still had trouble with anwser and calling people. I ended up taking it to a cell phone repair place and they cleaned the inside of the phone for $30 or so and that fixed the problems. If your phone is still cycling back to the hot sync then I think there is still some moisture in it.

    shows how to take it apart

Posting Permissions