Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Thanks to my fabulous Centro and built in Kinoma streaming player, I can now at least get to the m.youtube website, but the problem is that every video is more or less unwatchable as it crawls down so slow.

Are there any tricks to get the Centro to buffer more memory or is there simply no way that it'll ever play back videos on a piddling GPRS connection?
    You can try "Lightspped". It's an overclocking utility. I think since The built in Kinoma is intertwined with Blazer, you could try overclocking Blazer.

I purchased the full version of Kinoma and with lightspeed overclocking to 585mhz I get almost no cutouts and nice and smooth streaming video. ( I am on Sprints evdo though)

That's the only thing I can think of right now maybe some others can give you more tips on a better streaming experiance on your Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    I think since The built in Kinoma is intertwined with Blazer, you could try overclocking Blazer.
    They're intertwined in the sense that Blazer launches Kinoma Player as a helper app for media, but other than that they're separate apps (so you can overclock both, or just Kinoma Player).

Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    ...I get almost no cutouts and nice and smooth streaming video. ( I am on Sprints evdo though)
    GPRS is most likely the bottleneck in this case. When you have a slow connection, we recommend using m.youtube.com rather than trying to play PC-quality YouTube videos from inside of Kinoma Player.

Remember that you can put compatible FLV files on your phone's SD card, too.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Kinoma doesn't seem to support the m.youtube.com video transport.

I get the following:

Networking Error 461 - Unsupported Transport
    Last edited by shopharim; 07/02/2008 at 03:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Kinoma doesn't seem to support the m.youtube.com video transport.
    The most likely explanation is that you (probably inadvertently) turned off UDP streaming at some point.

For m.youtube.com and most other sites that stream 3GPP video, "Stream RTSP using" needs to be set to UDP in Streaming Preferences.

Does that fix it?

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks