Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquire1996 View Post
    Mine says the same exact thing.

It can't be a third party software issue, like Palm would like me to believe, since it is highly unlikely we have exactly the same programs running, wouldn't you say?
    I'm not sure to be honest. Something is conflicting with something in there. I've spent hours and hours day after day trying to figure this crap out and I've gotten nowhere. If I have to start from scratch and re-do all my progs/settings/etc, then I'm going to do it on a different phone (ie, NOT a Treo). It appears that starting over is the only way to get everything to work but I am not willing to do that, yet. What apps do you have installed? Maybe we can find something in common. Here's my list:

CallBlock v2.0 Ringtone Edition
    CallRec v6.0
    Natara Comet v2.2.1
    Documents To Go v10.002 Premium Edition
    Versamail v3.5.5
    RescoExplorer 2008
    IM+ v3.21
    LEDOff
    MiniTones
    NVBackup v1.22b6 (had BBVFS Pro v4.4 before and after the v1.08 update but recently switched to NVBackup)
    PasswordsPlus v1.006
    SplashPhoto v4.4
    TreoWeather v1.1.0.2

The only other stuff on my phone is what's in the ROM which I either don't use or haven't updated like GoogleMaps and PocketTunes. My PC is running Windows Vista with Office 2007 and I'm using Outlook to sync my contacts/notes/memos/etc. FYI I used the SD card updater to apply the update.

Do we have a common denominator somewhere here?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    The majority of my programs reside on the memory card.

The only program in common is Documents to Go Premium.

I have upgraded pocket tunes and google maps. I use windows xp with office 2007 and sync to outlook. I used the desktop method to apply the update.

I would not believe it is documents to go, would you?
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    I think one way to tell is to do a warm reset and see if the Treo becomes more stable.

Adam
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I will give that a try now.
    Visit My Blog

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Ok, just did a warm reset. Confirmed that it worked according to the directions on Palm's web site.

Tried to access bluetooth and it reset the phone.
    Visit My Blog

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I am in discussions with Palm at their groups about this, and they believe it is backupman that is causing the problem.

They have sugested that I hard reset and hotsync. Which I have done, and it seems to have solved the problem.

Hope this helps.
    Visit My Blog

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I followed the directions to the letter. Lost everything and had to restore all applications by hand. Prior to restoring applications, I ran the phone as is for a bit to see if there was improvement on lag or BT issues.

NOPE. Nothing improved. What a waste of time.

Had other issues with upgrade. Verizon was useless. Palm was useless. At least Verizon spoke English. Palm disconnected me several times through their own stupidity. Verizon said I had to speak to Palm... Palm said I needed to speak to Verizon. Verizon then said I needed to go to a store (on the 4th of July, yeah right!).

I am so sick of Palm and Verizon.
    South Central PA - the area time forgot when it comes to wireless.

Verizon Treo 755P, VersaMail, SplashNotes, eMedic, ePocrates, Hazmatter, Street Drugs, mLights, LEDOff, KeyCaps600, Palm Insider, BackUp Buddy,

Device Graveyard: Treo 700P, Treo 650P, Kyocera 7135, Kyocera 6035, Blackberry, Palm V with OmniSky Modem, Palm III with Novatel modem and land line modem, US Robotics PalmPilot (original)
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    Versamail v3.5.5
    I thought that version of Versamail was for CENTRO only. Certainly the download link provided indicates that.

The chipsets of the Centros and the Treos are not entirely the same, witness the 'where am I' deficiency in the Treos.

What was wrong with Versamail 3.5.4, the version downloadable onto the Verizon Treo 755p?

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post
    I thought that version of Versamail was for CENTRO only. Certainly the download link provided indicates that.

The chipsets of the Centros and the Treos are not entirely the same, witness the 'where am I' deficiency in the Treos.

What was wrong with Versamail 3.5.4, the version downloadable onto the Verizon Treo 755p?

Harold
    I did not know that it was for the Centro only. I know that v4.07 is for Centro only but that's not what I have. Can you provide the link for v3.5.5 that shows it's only for the Centro? I can't seem to find it...
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post

Harold
    I went to "MyPalm" and the version it's offering me to download is v3.5.5 and it lists my device as the 755p.

Here is the link. On that page, if you click on "download it here" under the section for "Verizon users", it takes me to the Versamail v3.5.5 download page on the "MyPalm" site.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123