Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I have been using a 755P for over a year but recently a lot of my calls go directly to voice mail. I usually get a tone and message showing I have new voice mail but the phone does not ring and nothing shows in the call log. Sprint tech support says it is not the network and not a phone hardware problem. They said it is likely a 3rd party software issue causing the problem but I haven't added any new applications in months. Anyone else with this problem?
    Yes, I've had the same problem - but only a few missed calls - probably no more than 2 a month - but then again I don't get very many calls.

So maybe 2% of of my calls go directly into VM.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    are you noticing any difference in your signal strength? Have you done a PRK update recently. Also, do you have any 3rd party apps that stayed logged in in the background, IM program, etc?

If all else fails, hard reset.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    Yes, I've had the same problem - but only a few missed calls - probably no more than 2 a month - but then again I don't get very many calls.

So maybe 2% of of my calls go directly into VM.
    So, this is probably a network issue?
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    are you noticing any difference in your signal strength? Have you done a PRK update recently. Also, do you have any 3rd party apps that stayed logged in in the background, IM program, etc?

If all else fails, hard reset.
    Signal strength is good...usually 4 or 5 bars. I don't leave background apps that connect to the network running as I have had problems like this before when I had Chatter set to push.

I was thinking about a hard reset but it is such a pain. I just did a hard reset about 2 months ago due to the phone resetting during calls. I still have not added back all the 3rd party apps yet but it did fix the resetting problem.

I keep hearing how stable the BB Curve is but I suspect it has its own set of issues.
    Easy way to check if it is a third party app is to use nvbackup to do a manual backup. Hard reset and see if it still happens. Restore from nvbackup and decide what you want to do from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty View Post
    So, this is probably a network issue?
    I"m guessing it is - even though Sprint says it isn't. This btw just started about 2weeks ago when some of the Sprint servers went done for a day.

FYI if this helps you - the only app I have running in the background is a Weather app that updates 4 times a day. I don't think that is causing my problems as I just started to notice this problem - I don't have a lot of time behind me to say if it was just a glitch or an ongoing problem. My signal strength dosen't seem to matter - but I always have at least 3 bars.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    You will need to do a hard reset and test it with nothing loaded. Backup apps make this easy enough to do. We had a KRZR that did the same thing - switched to another KRZR and the issue went away. It could still be the network and activating a different phone will solve the problem. So test it after a hard reset. If that doesn't work and you have another phone, activate it to test the network. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I'll make a fresh backup with NVBackup and do a hard reset...we'll see what happens. Thanks.
    Had pretty much the same issue after upgrading from 650p to 755p.

Couldn't consistently make / receive calls (would go directly to vm w/ 5 bars) and the infamous 'error 3000' at web attempts.

If these are your symptoms, it's your network 'profile'. Get level 2 (or higher) tech. supp. and request a full rebuild (not re-activation). You will need to input some new info into the phone during this process so be patient w/ the tech. You might also have to switch to a more current plan (bigger, cheaper, better). Power Vision @ $15? is still a deal.

My 755p is now practically bulletproof (not many 3rd p. apps., tho).

btw, BT is still the achilles heel for this POS (rant now off).

m.