Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Hi All, I am trying to update my rom to the newest 700p software. However according to the Palm website, it requires an SD card. If I install it on the SD card and later format the darn card, is that going to mess up my whole phone? I dont know why palm couldn't release a download with installation into the built in memory..

Oh, also I've been reading the google maps forum. whats up with that? No support for the older CDMA palms? makes no sense.... I really love the fast Palm OS but sometimes I just wish I'd move on to WM6 or something.

Thanks guys
  2. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwoo View Post
    Hi All, I am trying to update my rom to the newest 700p software. However according to the Palm website, it requires an SD card. If I install it on the SD card and later format the darn card, is that going to mess up my whole phone? I dont know why palm couldn't release a download with installation into the built in memory..

Oh, also I've been reading the google maps forum. whats up with that? No support for the older CDMA palms? makes no sense.... I really love the fast Palm OS but sometimes I just wish I'd move on to WM6 or something.

Thanks guys

...to get the siftware installed into your phone. Once your phone is updated you no longer need that program on your SD card and can safely erase it.
    Cheers

Charles
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    yeah I found that out after I posted it... felt like an ***** but couldn't delete it. Thanks for pointing it out though.~