1.    #1  
    I recently installed Palm OS Desktop 6.2.2 to my work machine and HotSynced.

Now I can't find out where Palm Desktop has stashed my photos. They're in there somewhere ... they show up in Palm Desktop. But they don't show up in a search of the machine!

Weirdly, photos I've taken *since* I installed Palm Desktop and HotSynced are stored in my user profile (I'm on Windows XP, SP 2, on a large network). But the older ones just don't seem to exist.

Anybody know:

(1) How I find out where they are?

(2) How I change the backup location?
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers

You have to find the Hotsync DB file on your PC. Its been awhile since I've had to find mine, but I think it usually filed under your User ID, but in a slightly different order. For example, my user id is Stu's Treo, but I think the file is listed under TreoS or something like that. Once you find the DB files, you'll be able to find your photos. As for changing the path, I'm not sure you can. Perhaps someone brighter than me can tell you if there is a way.
    Path for Palm desktop user files is
    ...\!!!windows_user_Directory\Documents\Palm OS Desktop\!!!Palm_User_Name\Photos\
    Then there is offline_copy_location - the copy of photos that are currently on your device.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies.

TreoMusketeers -- That's where Palm is putting my new photos. My old photos aren't there, however.

ahsirg -- I don't have that path on my machine. In fact, a search of my local drive for "Palm OS Desktop" turned up nothing. I'm a little baffled.

Then it could also be
    ...\Program Files\Palm(or PalmOne)\!!!PalmUserName\Photos
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Then it could also be
    ...\Program Files\Palm(or PalmOne)\!!!PalmUserName\Photos
    Nope.

Like I said, I'm baffled. I actually did a search on C: for "*.jpg" and it only found the new photos (and of course a bunch of unrelated images), not the old ones. I suppose it's vaguely possible it stashed them (and when I run Media is opening them from) somewhere on my network drives?

At this point it's not a big deal ... I used Media to attach them to an email, and skeeched the attachments. But it's damned odd.

Given this weirdness, combined with the fact that ACCESS still doesn't have a USB driver for 64-bit Vista, I'm getting pretty disillusioned with Palm. I may be going iPhone when I've worn out my Centro.

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    I suppose it's vaguely possible it stashed them (and when I run Media is opening them from) somewhere on my network drives?
    This is, in fact, where Hotsync is stashing my Backup and photos.