1.    #1  
    OK, so one day, i start using my phone and all of my numbers under my contacts have lost the dash "-" between the numbers. ex.

When it used to say John 999-999-9999, it says John 9999999999

Its very hard to dial numbers now. Everytime a number shows up on the caller ID, in my contacts or anywhere else, it always shows up as 9999999999

I tried finding a setting screen, maybe i accedenityl changed it, but i cannot find it anywhere.

I even tried going into my contacts and putting a dash into the phone numbers my self, and it shows up when i am editing my contacts number, but when i recieve calls or makes calls, the dash is gone and its just all the numbers bunched up

Anu ideas or help?

thanks!
    Do you have another application like Agendus or Datebk6 on your 755? You could have changed the settings in one of those applications. Also, if that's not the case, did you try checking any preference settings on your Palm desktop? Something there might also have been changed and could have changed your numbers when you synchronized it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellyMiddleton View Post
    Do you have another application like Agendus or Datebk6 on your 755? You could have changed the settings in one of those applications. Also, if that's not the case, did you try checking any preference settings on your Palm desktop? Something there might also have been changed and could have changed your numbers when you synchronized it.
    i dont sync to my laptop and i dont have third party software installed.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    go to phone, options, dial preferences, and check option "dialing from North America.

I believe that fixes it to include the hyphens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    i dont sync to my laptop and i dont have third party software installed.
    Wow, NO third party apps installed? What do you do with your phone? (just kidding here, but pretty amazed)
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Not syncing is more amazing. What if he needs a hard reset??

BB
    Quote Originally Posted by blazorboy View Post
    Not syncing is more amazing. What if he needs a hard reset??

BB
    Why hard reset? He has no third party software installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by remco View Post
    Why hard reset? He has no third party software installed.

Stranger things have happened. A corrupted DB can do it. I love the POS but it is not stable even in its native dress.

In any case, any cell phone's address book and calendar ought to be backup up to a computer according to Murphy.

BB
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Totally off topic, but I only sync to have Outlook and my Treo up to date. I restore from my card with BackupMan. Works even if you're not near your computer.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Wow, NO third party apps installed? What do you do with your phone? (just kidding here, but pretty amazed)
    i just had my phone replaced under waranty, havent had anytime to load anythng or set up syncing. I HATE syncing with cables, do everything wirelessly
    I don't sync to desktop or have third party apps installed either. If I hard-reset, I simply enter the EAS account information in, and after one "Sync All" my Calendar, Contacts, and Email are all updated.

If I ever change jobs I'm going to have to set up my own Exchange server at home just so I can do the OTA calendar and contact syncing.
    I hotsync those databases with those desktop applications I need synchronized, but I don't rely upon any desktop application for 'backup.' For backup I use BackupMan (for the ability to do file-by-file restore) and NVBackup (for the occasional no longer dreaded hard reset).

Harold
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible