1.    #1  
    I was hoping my Centro would have some kind of "export" or "send" function that would allow me to send the entire thread (it is very long) to someone else. The only option I have found so far is to copy a little bit to the clipboard (it is very small) and paste it into a document, but that would literally take all day in this case.

Any ideas?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    hey tony try doing this:

-goto the start of the entire txt message
    -highlight the first txt line
    -under "edit" click on "select all"
    -then "forward" the entire message

i'm not sure if that'll work, let me know if it does?
    UPDATE: actually it didnt work-i tried sending a long thread txt message to a friend of mine and only sent the first line. sorry.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks V, and keep the suggestions coming!!!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Thanks V, and keep the suggestions coming!!!
    If you have a very long thread, the built-in Palm OS clipboard won't cope so no matter what you do, you will end up copying and pasting in bits and pieces at a time.

Instead, you could use a 3rd party application like PictureSMS or SMSBackup to export the SMS messages to a text/memo file and then hotsync to your PC, copy and paste into your email application and send it off as an email message.

The other possibility is using another 3rd party application like Tapsmart's KeyLink and controlling your Centro from a USB connection at your PC, copy into the Windows clipboard (which can store a lot of data) and then pasting it into a new SMS message. Be warned though, standard SMS messages have a character limit per message and if your thread is long, it will mean you will be charged $$$ for sending a long thread.

Cheapest way to do it is to send it as an email.

There is no PDB editor that I know of which can legibly extract the SMS messages from your backup folder except for the ones I mentioned above.

Hope this helps.
    I was hoping my Centro would have some kind of "export" or "send" function that would allow me to send the entire thread (it is very long) to someone else. The only option I have found so far is to copy a little bit to the clipboard (it is very small) and paste it into a document, but that would literally take all day in this case.

Any ideas?
    Have you tried CutPaste5 (Freeware)?

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/cutpaste5.shtml

"...CutPaste5 is a PalmOS 5 app which provides a 32K clipboard for cut, copy, and paste text operations.

This clipboard is in addition to the standard 1K PalmOS clipboard..."
    You should be able to copy the whole thread to the clipboard with this.

F
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    Have you tried CutPaste5 (Freeware)?

http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/cutpaste5.shtml
    Cool! Nice find. Thanks.

[Edit] Just found the above URL leads to a file does not exist. Here's a link to the file in mytreo.net.
    Last edited by laugher; 06/30/2008 at 09:53 AM. Reason: URL dead from previous poster
  7.    #7  
    I can't get it to work. Looks like it was made for devices with grafitti. Either it doesn't copy anything to the clipboard, or it copies a part of the chat log (but not all). I am pasting into the body of an email. It does copy more than the built in clipboard, when I can get it to work.
    I can't get it to work. Looks like it was made for devices with grafitti. Either it doesn't copy anything to the clipboard, or it copies a part of the chat log (but not all). I am pasting into the body of an email. It does copy more than the built in clipboard, when I can get it to work.
    sorry...it looks like the SMS application does not use standard text fields. From http://discussion.treocentral.com/ar...p/t-55444.html

...CutPaste5 only works with apps that use the standard PalmOS text fields. More complex apps like DocToGo, MyBible, WordSmith (and others) create their own custom text fields (using the low level drawing routines) and CutPaste5 won't work with these apps....

You could try something like this also:
    http://mylivy.net/sms2csv/sms2csv.php
    or
    http://palmdoc.net/?p=1098
    Step up and be Green!

Take the stairs rather than the elevator. It's good for you, it's good for the Earth, it's good for all of us.
    You can unzip this file and use to import into an excel spreadsheet. I believe teh instructions are zipped as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  10.    #10  
    Kat:

It worked! Well, kinda. I had to do a lot of clean up work, I guess maybe because of pictures, but I got what I needed! Thanks very much!

Tony

Yes pictures cause alot of garbage glad I could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathleenlv View Post
    You can unzip this file and use to import into an excel spreadsheet. I believe teh instructions are zipped as well.
    Thanks Kathleenlv. Much appreciated.