1.    #1  
    My old device is Treo650 and i bought a new Centro. I installed the Palm desktop software and Hotsynch'ed it . While installing it detected old version of Palm Desktop and said it will upgrade it, but on successful hotsynch it did not transfer all the PIM data to Centro.
    Any ideas or links i can follow to get all the data from my treo to Centro?
    I had a similar problem when moving to the centro from my 700p. I beamed the missing data to the centro, it worked wonderfully! Good luck, and hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Here's how I've moved from Palm device to Palm device. This worked going from a Handspring Visor, to a T2 to a 700P. The best part of this is you keep your user name so if you have any software which is keyed to your username, you can continue to use it.

Step 1. Hotsynch your old device.
    Step 2. Find your Backup folder on the PC or Mac. Move it somewhere else and remember where you put it.
    Step 3. Install the new version of the Palm Desktop for your device and hotsynch your new device. Keep the same user name, if prompted.
    Step 4. Go back to the back up folder and drag the old apps (that you know will work with your new device) into your fresh, new backup folder. When you hotsynch again, the old apps will be put onto your new device.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    when i got my centro, i beamed evrything over from my treo 755p. i have 350 contacts-all beamed over just fine.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpuglisi View Post
    Here's how I've moved from Palm device to Palm device. This worked going from a Handspring Visor, to a T2 to a 700P. The best part of this is you keep your user name so if you have any software which is keyed to your username, you can continue to use it.

Step 1. Hotsynch your old device.
    Step 2. Find your Backup folder on the PC or Mac. Move it somewhere else and remember where you put it.
    Step 3. Install the new version of the Palm Desktop for your device and hotsynch your new device. Keep the same user name, if prompted.
    Step 4. Go back to the back up folder and drag the old apps (that you know will work with your new device) into your fresh, new backup folder. When you hotsynch again, the old apps will be put onto your new device.
    I tried the above with some tweaks and it worked well except it did not bring in the custom categories in PDA apps.

I am surprised that Palm does not give instructions to upgrade it to Centro. The file extensions for Centro have changed from *.dat files to *.dba.
    To overcome this i installed the new Palm desktop and then hotsynched the old device (Treo) then copied the files over to the new username.

Now I have to reinstall all the 3rd party apps and re-register with new username or rename my current username.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    um.. what about this - it worked perfect for me and was very clear and released the day of the Centro.
    When I upgraded from 650 to Centro, it didn't recognize old databases and installed blank contact and calendar databases. My data is safe as I reinstalled the desktop app for 650 and was able to open the databases and my old contacts and calendar were present. Nevertheless when I reinstalled, the same thing occurred. I even tried to copy the *.dat databases and move over to the folder but same issue occurred on reinstall. One thing I'm not sure of and haven't tried. Centro desktop data installs to a My Docs folder where the prior app was installed under program files. I'm wondering if changing the default data folder to the old location will fix this. Any experience with this issue.