1.    #1  
    I'm curious about something....

I know that ShSh software has their own forum here so I just wondered why their software is also discussed in this forum?

I often go back and forth between the two. Wouldn't it be easier to post about their apps in their forum instead of both?
    Reasonable point. You could use my method of viewing the forums thru' New Posts and excluding some of the forums (In my case 23 of the mostly non Palm OS ones), and you won't even notice it.
  3.    #3  
    Technically I guess ShSh software shouldn't be discussed in this forum at all. According to this forum's description:

Palm OS Apps
    Discussion of Palm OS apps not covered in other forums.

There just seems to be a lot of unnecessary double posting at times. Same information is posted in both forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Technically I guess ShSh software shouldn't be discussed in this forum at all. According to this forum's description:

Palm OS Apps
    Discussion of Palm OS apps not covered in other forums.

There just seems to be a lot of unnecessary double posting at times. Same information is posted in both forums.
    Well considering I didn't even know there was a separate forum for ShSh software, I think it's a good idea to keep discussion of his apps in this forum, or at the very least have a sticky at the top of this forum redirecting people to his separate forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't know ShSh's apps had their own forum.
    Another reason to keep at least part of it here: people who don't use a particular developer's software may find something here that causes them to try it. Before the do that, they would have no particular interest in following a particular developer's forum. For my part, 4cast is in this category; I would not have known to try it without learning about it in a discussion in this forum.
    I absolutely love Takephone and would never have found it if it hadn't been over here.
    I agree. I never even knew there was a seperate forum for these until recently and I still dont go to them. If I Have a question I just ask it here a barley anyone goes to the software forum.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    If I Have a question I just ask it here a barley anyone goes to the software forum.
    I don't know about that. The 2Day thread over there is coming up on 4 years old with over 3200 replies and 171,000 views.

The Takephone thread over there is at 1260 replies with over 63,000 views, compared to the Takephone thread in this forum with 980 replies and 31,000 views.

From a bandwidth standpoint, you would think that Treocentral would look at possibly combining the forums and eliminating many of the redundant posts.