Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've had my Centro for a few weeks now and it's turned out to be an excellent purchase. I love the form factor, the apps you can get for it and that it has a qwerty (one reason I dumped my n73 is I can't stand non qwerty keyboards after having an XDA Mini S).

But it isn't perfect, there's a few things I wish it'd have, also at some point Palm will need to release the successor to the Centro and I wonder what it'll be like...

Things I'd like to see:

• Form factor: no change please I love it!

• A bump with the camera would be good to at least 3mp

• 3G please!

• A better battery, the Centro just about gets me through the day

• Wifi would be nice

What would you like to see change or be added to the Centro?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    GPS
    Alerts for missed calls/sms
    Today screen
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I thought the centro was 3g? I guess not. Also it would be nice to have it java enabled so that I can download better games.
    It's 3G with CDMA carriers in the US.

For me, the form factor is prefect. The iPhone is in fact too thin and wide to hold securely, even if it's fashionable. It's also heavy and not meant for use one-handed. I also like the recessed screen on the Centro which protects it from scratches.

I'd like GPS, an improved browser and camera, and longer lasting battery.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Wouldn't wifi kill the battery life, which is already marginal for many people?

Also, with high speed internet, what would really be the need for wifi?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    Wouldn't wifi kill the battery life, which is already marginal for many people?

Also, with high speed internet, what would really be the need for wifi?
    Faster speeds man! Yeah I know it's overly indulgent but this whole thread is meant as a bit of fun too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    GPS
    Today screen
    Today screen? I set my agenda screen to be my default screen in my calendar. That provides whats coming up that day along with what e-mail has come in and what tasks need to be done. Is that what you were looking for?
    My Evolution -
    PDA's: Palm Vx - Sony Clie PEG-T655C - Palm Tungsten E2
    Cellphones: Too many to count - Final phone was a Moto RAZR V3M
    Smartphone: First and only so far - Centro
    Other than the Operating system sounds like the 800W. LOL.

I agree wifi and a better camera are key.
    3 Mega pixel (or better) camera
    Screen flush instead of embedded
    8 Gb Micro SD capable
    Better SD card accessability
    Thinner (I find it a touch chunky)
    Factory pen stylus
    Unboxed: spare battery, cradle.
    Firefox Mobile.
    GPS
    Today screen
    2day from http://www.shsh.com will give you the best today screen you could hope for on the Palm. Very reasonable price and outstanding developer. It also lists sms/phone messages via count if configured properly (see documentation).
    I thought the centro was 3g? I guess not. Also it would be nice to have it java enabled so that I can download better games.
    You can download Java for the Centro from http://www.mytreo.net. You can then convert Java games with the supplied convertor and install them to your Palm. Your mileage may vary...
    Definitely would prefer a better camera! That is one thing I DO miss from my Sanyo SCP-8400 it had an awesome camera (well for a cell phone camera) even took flash pix and night video!

I'm hoping that at least palm will soon have an updae to fix that "pink" hue to the pix.

And accessable micro card port would be handy, especially since I'd like to incorporate a DVD program on the centro, or just to switch cards that have just music on them. Personally I'm mystified that they changed from SD to micro sd, but they didn't ask ME what would be ideal now did they?

What would the need for wifi be since the Centro can go directly online?

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Some of the features mentioned in this post are nice to have but I don't need all.

Basic need
    Battery Life - Yes
    3.5mm Audio Jack - Yes
    Mini USB connector - No more Palm connector.
    Sim Card position - Like Treo 650 (I switch the sim very often)

Additional features
    3G - No / Yes - Consume more battery life but some times need it to download large file
    GPS - No - Seldom use it
    WiFI - No - Lack of mobility
    Better Camera - No - Not as good as DC. Like the small file size for low resolution.

I hope that all manufacturers will sell a barebone system, if anyone one want the additional features then they can choose it. Like buying a computer system. The advantage is I don't need to pay for features I don't use... LOL..
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    different colors
    thinner perhaps
    newer os
    wifi my number one request. Better camera #2
    Also it would be nice to have it java enabled so that I can download better games.

little-john.net

No java game can touch that.

check out also pdamill as they recently made about 4-6 palm os games freeware. Great graphics on those. Deluxeware also has some nice games with exceptional graphics. Last but not least is astraware. some very nice games there. I have like 10 myself.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalsis
    8 Gb Micro SD capable
    They are 8gb capable (I'm using a sandisk one). The Palm just divides it in 4gb increments. But, perfectly usable. There aren't 16-32gb micro sd cards out yet (as far as I know) but technically they should work.

Personally, I think the Centro's fine as is but maybe with a thinner profile like 15mm. 2 meg cam. 3.5mm jack for headphones. Modernized launcher out of the box?
    These items would make the centro perfect for me:

3mp camera
    slightly thinner aluminum case like the macbook pro or some of the nokia's
    improved battery life
    gps
    mini usb connector like the blackberries
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    ... check out also pdamill as they recently made about 4-6 palm os games freeware

http://pdamill.com/prod_palm.shtml
    -- Josh
    1. Slightly thinner.

2. At least 70% better battery life.

3. Modern-looking STABLE POS!

4. Voice Dial

5. Better build quality with fewer squeaks, more tactile buttons, accessable SD slot, etc.

6. 3MP camera

7. WiFi

8. A design that isn't so slippery.

Obviously, if all my wants were implemented the cost would go up quite a bit. But the basic flaws need to be fixed. The cheap construction and OS instability will not help with owner loyalty.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast