1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I bought a Seidio pen/stylus for my Centro about six months ago. I was a little worried that the cap was at the top, where you grab the stylus out of the Centro, because it seemed like it could cause a problem if the cap loosened, in which case the cap might come off without pulling the stylus out with it, leaving the stylus stuck inside the Centro. A Seidio rep on these forums said they've never had that problem. Well, that's exactly what's happened to mine. Anyone else have this problem? Hopefully Seidio will replace it, but still, it seems like a poor design (as opposed to the pen/stylus I had for my 700p, 650, Tungsten C, and Palm Vx which had the cap at the bottm so that you didn't pull the stylus out of the device using the cap). Anyway, I thought I'd share my experience with this product in case it helps others.

Edit: I just went to Seidio's website to get an RMA and found that their warranty is 180 days, and I'm about 2 weeks past 180 days. I definitely won't buy this product again.

Marc
    Do you use the pen at all? The reason I ask is I bought one when they first came out. They didn't have the pen-less version at the time. I've never had the problem that you describe but that may be because I never use the pen, never take the cap off.

If you remove the cap a lot, I can see where that would happen, otherwise a little super glue should solve your problem.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    If you remove the cap a lot, I can see where that would happen, otherwise a little super glue should solve your problem.
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do use the pen a fair amount, so the superglue idea (a good one!) would not work in my case.

Marc
    This has always been a bad design idea. Why do they do it??
    Put the pen at the other end and make the bit-you-grab fixed! What reason could there be for not doing this???? Aaargh!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    This has always been a bad design idea. Why do they do it??
    Put the pen at the other end and make the bit-you-grab fixed! What reason could there be for not doing this???? Aaargh!
    They probably want you to buy another one when the first one wears out.
  6.    #6  
    Given the poor design, it would be great if Seidio would provide replacement caps (the part that got too loose). That way, their stylus could have a useful life of more than six or seven months.
  7.    #7  
    A quick follow-up: I contacted seidio (the guy who monitors these forums), and they sent me a new stylus AND an extra cap. So while they definitely could use to update the design of the 2-in-1, at least they took good care of me :-)

Marc
    Anyone using the Seidio metal stylus with their Centro? Not the pen version, just the metal version they're selling on their web site.
    How is it?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover