Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I have this problem about once every three days (search didn't find anything helpful).

I'll turn the phone on to find that it's stuck at "Connecting to Broadband Access". Sometimes I can cancel out of it (it takes forever), but I've gotten used to just popping the battery out for a reset.

The HUGE problem is that the phone doesn't get calls when this is happening and I don't know when it happens, so the phone may have been dead for hours (the clock stops when the issue pops up so I know exactly how long it's been sitting there, completely useless). Happened just now and it was down from 10 last night

Also, it's doing something very power intensive when this is happening, because the battery is HOT, so it's killing my battery to boot.

Any thoughts? I'm not a power user and haven't installed anything much on this phone. I did try Mundu IM a good while back, but let it expire and haven't used it since. I just deleted all the files I could find connected to that. But I think this issue started before that install...

I'd love to figure this out.
    Treo 755P
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    It's happened twice since I posted this.... anyone have any thoughts??
    Treo 755P
    I'm on Alltel, but, when that happens to me it means that the Alltel data network is down in my area. I have confirmed that by calling tech support when it happens. That may be what's happening with your problem.

Also, people on other forums have reported mysterious data calls being made and have traced them to Addit or MyTreo (essentially the same). You can set MyTreo to never AutoUpdate and the problem might go away.
    right, your phone is contantly trying to find a signal which perhaps is why your battery is hot. I'm with Sprint, but call Verizon and confirm that perhaps there is no service issues to some down towers; or maybe you need your PRL updated? Good luck
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.