1.    #1  
    I searched but did not find an asnwer. Is there any was to sync folders through EAS with versamail? I synced fine with the inbox, but it won't show the folders. I can create them, but they are not on the server it seems.
  2.    #2  
    ok - it seems I found that versamail does not do folders (someone correct me if I'm wrong - perhaps an update??) and chattermail not only does not support the explugin anymore, but it doesn't work on Exchange 2007 anyway. Is there any other way of getting folders? If not, I'll be taking this phone back I really love the form factor, but.... I know the 755p is more the 'business' oriented phone, but there's no option there either since they are the same phone inside...

Thoughts anyone? I'd really like to keep this phone.....
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'm not sure I can help you, but here is my 0.02. I used to have a 650 & I had the exchange sync set up thru versamail. Now I have the centro & the set up is exactly the same. No folders like outlook on the left. You'll have the basic set up like you already see in versamail.

Personally I wish it were different too.
    No folders. I've experimented some with Exchange and replaced folders with smart/search folders, which are dynamic filters of the inbox. On the go you only see the inbox, but at least your desktop works correctly.

I don't know why Versamail does not support this, seems trivial and working on WM.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  5.    #5  
    It is pretty odd. Right now I'm trying to use the push/sync of eas with versamail, but use snappermail to get to folders. However, snappermail only does imap, which means I can't sync calendar/contacts, which to me is a big part of why I have an exchange hosting company. I'm somewhat surprised that the palmos, which is supposed to be marketed towards corporate as well as personal can't do something like this.

I'm really trying to make this work as I LOVE the size, but... I can do everything else w/o too much trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by hufn View Post
    It is pretty odd. Right now I'm trying to use the push/sync of eas with versamail, but use snappermail to get to folders. However, snappermail only does imap, which means I can't sync calendar/contacts, which to me is a big part of why I have an exchange hosting company. I'm somewhat surprised that the palmos, which is supposed to be marketed towards corporate as well as personal can't do something like this.

I'm really trying to make this work as I LOVE the size, but... I can do everything else w/o too much trouble.
    Only the WM version of Treo is able to sync sub-folder.

Palm has categorised PalmOS for Prosumer and WM for corporate.

P.S. BB is also unable to sync sub-folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    Only the WM version of Treo is able to sync sub-folder.

Palm has categorised PalmOS for Prosumer and WM for corporate.

P.S. BB is also unable to sync sub-folder.
    I wonder if it's a licensing issue. It can't be a technical one.
  8.    #8  
    I have a hard time believing it's a licensing issue, why would they be able to sync at all? I know m$ is a royal pain with licensing in general, but I've never seen it quite that picky....

As to BB - yes it does, but no touch screen, far fewer third party apps, and, at least for the individual, far more expensive to use. My hosting company would want another $20/mo to use bb...
    Quote Originally Posted by hufn View Post
    I have a hard time believing it's a licensing issue, why would they be able to sync at all? I know m$ is a royal pain with licensing in general, but I've never seen it quite that picky....
    What's hard to believe? WM comes ready, Palm has to pay for the Garnet license. Serves MS interests, no?
  10.    #10  
    Not that they have to pay for licensing, but to have a separate pricing for being able to sync the inbox/calendar/contacts than subfolders? It seems more trouble that it'd be worth.
    It has been like this for years. It would be trivial for any competent developer to implement. It's a one man job, and a short one at that.