Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I just got a Centro for VZW and when I loaded the Palm Desktop Software and went to Sync for the first time I found out some previous user of my computer at work had at one time had a Palm device and its giving me errors as to which account I want to use/sync with.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with out luck. I've seen other users on t|c suggest Revo Uninstaller so I downloaded that and used it...still no luck.

Anyone have any other recommendations? I basically just want to remove ALL traces of anything Palm so I can start fresh.

Thanks.

MMushrush
    Assuming you are using a PC not a mac, use control panel to uninstall, then check your program lists to be certain its gone. Also use windows explorer go to programs and see if there is a Palm folder still there. Sometimes uninstalling the program will leave an "archived" folder in the program files, It may be labeled as Palm, or as the other hotsync ID.

Delete that folder.

Reinstall the new palm Desktop CD and go from there.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Kim,

I am on a PC and I'm afraid of going into the file explorer and deleting the Palm stuff left after uninstalling (it's my work computer and I don't want to cause problems deleting the wrong files).

I my just wind up installing it on my home PC.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMushrush View Post
    Kim,

I am on a PC and I'm afraid of going into the file explorer and deleting the Palm stuff left after uninstalling (it's my work computer and I don't want to cause problems deleting the wrong files).

I my just wind up installing it on my home PC.

Thanks.
    If you go into the Palm (or sometimes PalmOne) folder, found in the Program Files folder in Windows Explorer, find just the name of the other user and delete it. Otherwise, the only thing that should happen if you loaded your new CD that came with the Centro is that you will be given a choice of creating a new account or using theirs. The choice is simple, though when you open Palm Desktop you will be able to see the previous users info too if you choose to.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas