Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanujang View Post
    as of this moment, i am convinced that the culprit was Keycaps600.
    I disabled KeyCaps600 after your previous post. I'm also convinced that this is a KeyCaps600 problem... REM to Sleep is no longer a problem with it disabled. My average battery life is well over 20 hours with everything going full blast. BT, screen brighness, sound volume, ChatterEmail, everything....

This is unfortunate, KeyCaps600 is still one-of-a-kind and would rank among the great Treo utilities.

Last edited by GreenHex; 06/29/2008 at 12:25 PM.
    I'm not sure if it's fix or not, but I have to report that my battery life seems to be better since turning the IR on. Powerhero caught one period of excessive power drain and initiated a warm restart.
    Mark Bergman
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    I disabled KeyCaps600 after your previous post. I'm also convinced that this is a KeyCaps600 problem... REM to Sleep is no longer a problem with it disabled. My average battery life is well over 20 hours with everything going full blast. BT, screen brighness, sound volume, ChatterEmail, everything....

This is unfortunate, KeyCaps600 is still one-of-a-kind and would rank among the great Treo utilities.

now that's a great news !

i am so glad that it works for U too. U have been so helpfull not only here but in other forums as well. and i am so happy to have helped U you in any way. thank U.

as for the great Keycaps600, i wonder if there is an update coming or maybe a similar app's being develope somewhere.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bergman View Post
    I'm not sure if it's fix or not, but I have to report that my battery life seems to be better since turning the IR on. Powerhero caught one period of excessive power drain and initiated a warm restart.
    good... i'm not alone
    I spoke too soon. Two soft resets initiated by Powerhero so far today. I think that the problem persists.
    Last edited by Mark Bergman; 07/01/2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: my error
    Mark Bergman
    I spoke too soon. Two warm resets initiated by Powerhero so far today. I think that the problem persists.
    It is important to be clear that PowerHero is initiating a soft reset, rather than a warm reset. A warm reset is the equivalent of booting the OS without system extensions, which renders many things on a Palm useless until a regular soft reset is performed.

A soft reset is the equivalent of removing / reinserting the battery on the Centro / pushing the reset pin on traditional Palms.
    Same...bizarre
    I use Teal scan instead of cleanstart. What get's me is why are there so many different centros & why isn't palm working on this? I have spikes in my current , I have done these tests using plain reset,soft reset creates difficulties w/my 8entro & centro. The 755p seems to be betterbut the centro is still giving me problems. Tomorrow I'm off to the shop & I'm going to let them flash them for me. Oh yeah, Chill dude, we're in this together. Thanks. Ps thanks for that reply to this address & man back up & take another picture.LOL!
    Have to prooffread more. That last bit is supposed to be my 755p & centro. These similar problems seem to be occuring in more than one palm. Who's putting these Palms together. I don't think it's the U.S.A. Get to work Palm!
    I'm also convinced that this is a KeyCaps600 problem...
    is ti possible to recompile that program?
    i remember somebody in this forum did recompile KEYSHADES just to improve the battery performance
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    is ti possible to recompile that program?
    It's possible... but it does not appear to be easy to identify and fix the problem. KeyCaps600 is not a straightforward, simple program, though it may give that impression. I'll just say that at least one developer (definitely not me) is looking into this. We wish him the best...

- mvk
    Has anyone seen battery improvements by using TreoKeyHack instead of KeyCaps600?
    update:
    it has been a month already that I am free of any resets. i have re-installed keycaps600 and everything is really OK as of writing time.

what I did,
    i have an old software and I have uninstalled it. at last I've found which software was causing my centro-won't-sleep issue.

so, imho, it really is a conflicting software problem. all u need to do is to find which one. sound easy huh :-p
    I tried everything from turning the auto clock update off, iR on, iR off, Power hero, dimmed the screen, turned off lightspeed, chatteremail to manual sync, etc. After a day at work with light to moderate usage my treo would be 35-29% battery life left. I would have to change the battery in my car or at home. I think I finally found out what has been causing the quick battery drain in my centro. I uninstalled 2day and now after work I have 75-80% battery left. What really sucks is that 2day is probably my favorite app and I am thinking of adding it back and sacrificing the battery life. Is there an app with the same features as 2day with less battery usage. What I love about 2day compared with say "Today" is that you can create tasks and calendar events right from the app.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Until Seidio comes out with a higher capacity battery other than the one they have out now, that is the same size as the OEM like was available on the 700p, I keep my Centro charging alot of the time. At my desk/home and every time I'm in my car.

It's not the best solution but is working for me.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Until Seidio comes out with a higher capacity battery other than the one they have out now, that is the same size as the OEM like was available on the 700p, I keep my Centro charging alot of the time. At my desk/home and every time I'm in my car.

It's not the best solution but is working for me.

Good Luck
    They already have the OEM sized 1350mah battery...

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=BASI13PMX1S
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    They already have the OEM sized 1350mah battery...

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=BASI13PMX1S
    I'm looking for one like the one available for the 700p, I think 2400 that was the same size as the one that came with the 700p.

Tks
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    I tried everything from turning the auto clock update off, iR on, iR off, Power hero, dimmed the screen, turned off lightspeed, chatteremail to manual sync, etc. After a day at work with light to moderate usage my treo would be 35-29% battery life left. I would have to change the battery in my car or at home. I think I finally found out what has been causing the quick battery drain in my centro. I uninstalled 2day and now after work I have 75-80% battery left. What really sucks is that 2day is probably my favorite app and I am thinking of adding it back and sacrificing the battery life. Is there an app with the same features as 2day with less battery usage. What I love about 2day compared with say "Today" is that you can create tasks and calendar events right from the app.
    i also have 2Day on mine. it is not a problem at all. it's working perfectly.
    I don't know what to tell you other than since taking off 2day my battery life has tripled.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    I don't know what to tell you other than since taking off 2day my battery life has tripled.
    Are you using a plugin like 4cast the might be updating regularly & causing a drain? Even so. my 2day/4cast doesn't effect mine.
    I've never seen this happen & I've read every 2day/4cast thread that exist. Perhaps you should cosider emailing the developer- he's very responsive.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 11/08/2008 at 09:04 AM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast