1.    #1  
    I've read several posts about some members using the last version of Palm Desktop that shipped with the 700p instead of the new one that ships with the Centro. I just got mine on Verizon last week and while the phone is awesome the "new" version of desktop in a little underwhelming. Kinda reminds me of Palm Desktop circa 2000 (when i got my first Palm Pilot, a IIIxe). No colors for datebook categories or color themes for desktop, no more alarms that can be set for tasks, no link for docs to go on the left side. I'm sure there's other things I haven't discovered yet.

Anybody know why these things have been omitted in the new version? And, is there any reason I can't go back and use the 700p desktop version. Would there be any conflicts with Hotsync if I did this?

If any of you are using the previous version I would appreciate your comments on how things have gone. Thanks.

ctrain1
    While I'm lovin my Centro, I had a real problem with getting the sync to work correctly. Once my data was safely on the Centro, and I backed it up to the memory card, I moved my old treo650 files to a portable drive I then turned off. Tried and tried the new desktop... no deal. Finally re-installed a fresh-from-the-disk treo650 version, and it worked! I made sure no 650 programs would be installed on the Centro.

One thing I seem to have problems with is the inability of the Centro software to let me choose which conduits will be installed or synced. I can't find it on the new version, but it was on the old version.

I would like to use the new software, but if it isn't as good that could be a problem.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrain1 View Post
    Anybody know why these things have been omitted in the new version? And, is there any reason I can't go back and use the 700p desktop version. Would there be any conflicts with Hotsync if I did this?
    I think the new version of Palm Desktop is the only version certified and supported by Palm on Windows Vista. Other than that, I don't see why you can't use the old version of desktop.