1.    #1  
    I am evaluating a centro now and my usual phone is a 755p. I have the Seidio extended battery for the 755p. I know the battery is much smaller on the Centro but I am wondering if there were any improvements to the Centro hardware or software that better optimizes the battery - meaning that more life can be sucked out of a smaller sized battery. My informal tests are too inconclusive. Thanks.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I can think of one improvement, if you talk on the phone a lot. In the power preferences, you can now have the screen backlight turn completely off (rather than just dim) during phone calls.

I personally use the Centro more as a data device, than for voice. My experience thus far, is that the battery life is slightly, but not significantly, worse than my 755p.
  3.    #3  
    I also use my palm for data more that voice (10 min of calls a day is a lot). Are you comparing it to the stock 755 battery or the Siedio extended one? I just can't tell if they made many battery enhancement features in the centro (besides the one you mentioned). Battery life will probably be the reason I stay with th 755 (unless I can determine that the centro's battery is almost as good).
    I used the stock battery on the 755p, and drew my comparisons as such. I did have a Seidio extended battery, which I wouldn't even use 50% of on a heavy usage day. I didn't care for the added bulk, so I kept it in my laptop bag as a spare.
  5.    #5  
    The seidio battery I have with my 755p is the 2200 that is the same size as the stock. I also have over 50% left at the end of the day and charge each night. But, that ONE time I will be out of the office the whole day with extensive use, I am worried that the centro's battery will fail me vs. the 755. Unless someone can show me that they made 'great strides' in the design of the centro that an 1150 battery is 'roughly equiv' to a 1600 or higher battery on a 755p. Sadly, I don't think that is the case but I continue to hope someone can tell me that.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I use the EAS option on Versa Mail (MS Exchange on all the time) and do more data than talk. Taken off the charger aat 7am. At 10 pm I generally still have 35-45% battery left.

I use a GSM model with ATT. Not sure how that compares with CDMA models.
    Mike
    I've noticed trickle charging at 1.5mA using treo battery seems to be helping w/the lengthening time of the batteryusing it mostly for data.