1.    #1  
    my question is should I make the move from the 755p to the centro? I can get the centro new for 99 and then they will give me a 75 service credit with a net cost of 24. I can probabbly sell my 755p for about 100 I would think. what do you guys think? thanks

Ken
    I am testing a Centro now (usually use a 755p). You will get used to the keyboard and screen. Centro seems more responsive and more 'pocketable'. But battery is less (much less when compared to my Siedio extended 755p battery that is the same size). Also, you can't see the LED from the top so, when the centro is on my belt, I can't just look down and see a solid green light to know I have an e-mail.

But, I am still evaluating to see if the battery, although smaller, is better optimized for the Centro and if the performance improvements outweigh the other issues mentioned above.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    I wouldn't think twice about it, I would, and did. You can sell your 755 for a little more than $100, unless it's scratched up or something else is wrong with it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    i was debating that issue myself when VZW came out with the centro. all my friends have centros (sprint,att) so i was able to play around with it before it came to vzw. i was hesitant at first but i finally just did it and switched and you know what??........i actually LOVE IT. ok, the keyboard and the rubberized material they use for the keys takes sometime to get use to but eventually you dont even notice it. my favorite part is the size, as forementioned, it is very pocketable and in my opinion much more responsive than previous devices. good looking color too.
    None of you notice the decreased battery size?
    I just switched from the 650 to the Centro. I like it...a lot. But, let's be truthful, it's a consumer-directed smartphone. It feels cheaply built. I didn't look at the 755 much, but it seems more in line with a power user.

That being said, I would never ever go back to something like the 650. The Centro actually feels like a phone instead of a brick, the higher internet speeds are awesome, and I'm using PowerHero to control my battery.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    gadgetfreak-i really dont have any problems with the battery drain therefore i didnt mention it. in my opinion, frankthetoad, the feel the centro is just fine. i dont think its cheaply made-theres a difference in materials being used in the shell of the 755p vs. centro. but i like the glossy look of the centro. power-user or not, the 755p and centro are the same device but different size.
    I have no battery problem, never had with any of my Treos. Just always make sure you charge the phone everynight. I bought an extra plug & car charger on ebay for under $10 shipped, and sometimes use the car charger just for insurance purposes, but have never had a Treo (or Centro) die from a used up battery.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  9.    #9  
    Well, I did it, I ordered the centro late last night and should have it on sat I hope. Thanks for all your help guys.

Ken
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Ha, I got my first Palm phone last night. Sprint Treo 755p. Today went well as I loaded it up with my essential apps. The Centro was tempting, but screen & keyboard size scared me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    Ha, I got my first Palm phone last night. Sprint Treo 755p. Today went well as I loaded it up with my essential apps. The Centro was tempting, but screen & keyboard size scared me off.
    The smaller screen wasn't the issue and it was actually a plus for me (while I transition to the iPhone ). It was much better than my 680. However, the keyboard is an issue. I am finding I am experiencing more typing errors due to the smaller keyboard. It is workable but I wouldn't do any heavy duty typing on it. i.e. if you have a long email response coming, use your PC.

Otherwise, it is snappier than a 680 and the improved screen resolution is a definite plus.
    I find the keyboard, although small, is no more difficult than the 7xx series. They are both pretty small. Not suiting for long emails, but short communication is no problem. Also, from what I understand, the insides are exactly the same as a 755, just far less expensive...