1.    #1  
    Morning, guys -

One of the features I love about my Centro is the text messaging. Evidnelty, I was addicted to texting & I didn't know it! But I have found it's kinda "dumb" compared to other people's text messaging phones.

One of my friend's phones will let you send a text to several different people. This makes it insanely easier to send out a broadcast text to a bunch of buddies, asking them "Wut r u doin 2nite?" or "R u gonna be at Doofus's BBQ tomorrow?" or "Come over at 9 for the gang bang!".

Is there any software available that will enhace the texting ability of my beloved Centro?

Thanks a bunch!

RTK
    You can either use TreoMsgr to create groups and just send the message that way or you can just put several names on the "To:" line in the messaging app. I think the max you can use in the messaging app is 10 however. Cheers!
    One way to enhance the text messaging is to use the real words, since the Centro has a keyboard you can actually spell your message in regular English! This will be a valuable skill to learn when seeking a career, for some reason employers prefer it.

Example: "doin" becomes "doing", "2nite" becomes "tonight", etc.

Another way to enhance the text messaging is to find better friends to text with. Planning gang-bangs sure doesn't seem very socially redeeming. I'm sure the Bar-B-Que will be tasty, but if it is cooked by someone named "Doofus"?

Example: Nevermind, I just realized my name is duanedude...
    I guess I'm a doofus now.

No offense intended. Please resume your regular texting.

Leee may have answered your question anyway.

Sorry if I was being a smart-arse.

"Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
  4.    #4  
    You are NOT invited to the gang bang, Dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1 View Post
    One way to enhance the text messaging is to use the real words, since the Centro has a keyboard you can actually spell your message in regular English! This will be a valuable skill to learn when seeking a career, for some reason employers prefer it.

Example: "doin" becomes "doing", "2nite" becomes "tonight", etc.

Keyboard or no, there is a character limit on texting for the Centro of 160 characters so abbreviations are still in order.
  6.    #6  
    deibelsan? would you like to come to / at the gang bang?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    correct me if im wrong BUT you can actually send text messages to more than 1 person at the same time. i've been txting several of my friends @ the same time with no problems....why can't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by V of HB View Post
    correct me if im wrong BUT you can actually send text messages to more than 1 person at the same time. i've been txting several of my friends @ the same time with no problems....why can't you?
    Please do explain how you can do that.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    goto "messaging"

press "NEW"

ADD persons name or phone number

to add another simply type in another person phone number or do a name lookup

hope you can figure it out if you have any questions, let me know.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Yeah, the centro automatically puts a semicolon ; between names.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    i believe its standard in all treos and of course the centro
    Quote Originally Posted by V of HB View Post
    goto "messaging"

press "NEW"

ADD persons name or phone number

to add another simply type in another person phone number or do a name lookup

hope you can figure it out if you have any questions, let me know.
    LOL, man that was easy. I thank you.