1.    #1  
    I have searched this forum and the web, but I haven't seen any mention of this problem. But maybe I am not searching with the right terms.

At any rate, the problem I have run into with my Centro is that when I try to play any game game that needs a random generated pattern (Solitaire of different versions, Bejeweled 2, Texas Hold 'em, etc) it will only generate a random pattern for the first 1 or 2 setups after installing the game and then will infinitely repeat the same pattern. This makes games completely worthless to play.

I have hard reset the Centro twice now with the same result. Each time I have restored the original setup (and then installed Goodlink) rather than install each program separately. I plan to try this next as I expect some other program is causing the problem, but I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this issue before resorting to a completely fresh install of all applications.

Does anyone have any advice or have you had a similar experience? Thanks.
    Personally, I've never run into such a problem with any of my games and I probably have 20 such games on my Centro. They are great time wasters for travel or quick breaks from work.

I am tending to believe that something you have on your device might be mssing up but then being a developer myself, generating the random number is usually done inside the game proper and is not a system function. Other than the fact that SysRandom is part of the C base code.

In my Quick15 puzzle game I am finishing up, the only way I can get a repeat game is to seed the random number generator each time with the same seed.

Might try only loading them one at a time and giving them a go before installing anything else.

Carl
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I play a Euchre game that has developed a similar problem. It doesn't happen all the time but every once in a while I get a pattern for 2 hands in a row where I KNOW I got the first hand followed by the second hand several times before.
    Which games does this happen on? I can say I have never seen this happen before with games like Texas Hold'em, Zuma and Bejeweled 2.
    Are these full registered versions or demo versions? I expect you would see this in demos.
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Are these full registered versions or demo versions? I expect you would see this in demos.
    I'm thinking either that or the game itself was poorly written.

I too have many games but have since removed most of them. Have never seen a pattern repeat ever...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I've had this happen a *lot* with Pyramid (Seahorse Software). I figured at first it was because I was using an older version of the game (held over on my TX from when it was freeware, beamed to my Centro), so I paid for a registered version. Nope, same thing happens.

Now, granted, when you're able to see that you've already played this "hand", you're probably playing it too much. But it shouldn't be repeating itself. I thought using the different level features of the paid version would eliminate this, but it still happens. It never did this on my TX (but again, I didn't play as often as with my Centro, so maybe I just didn't notice it?).

It got so annoying that I gave up and switched to Freecell (and set it to play consecutively-numbered games so I'd know it wasn't repeating).

shari