Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So, Centro, Mac OSX 10.4.11 Palm desktop 4.2.1

This is a buddy's setup, but I've been trying to get this phone to sync to iCal and Address Book for the last hour. Won't work.

iSync sees the Centro, settings are "set to sync" addresses and calendar.

I've installed the latest palm desktop twice, even tried to get the phone to sync to the palm desktop, can't get that to work either. Edited to add, can't get the address book or calender to sync. All else seems to work just fine.

WTF?

I've got a treo 680, and it syncs just fine with the Palm desktop with the same software versions mentioned above. I will say tho, that the one time I tried to use iSync to send my data to iCal and Address book, it took me over a week to undo the damage.

I would think it wouldn't matter, but he has info in iCal that he would like to merge with the data he has on his calender on the Centro. Could this be the stumbling block?

thanks in advance, I'll check back later.....
    Just installed the Palm desktop for the third time today....

I get this from the log after attempting to hotsync:
    HotSync 3.2.1 started 9/18/08 6:08:57 PM
    Local Synchronization
    OK Install
    iSync Conduit starting 9/18/08 6:08:59 PM
    User Eric not configured for any iSync data classes 9/18/08 6:08:59 PM
    OK iSync Conduit
    Voice Memo conduit cannot synchronize with the Voice Memo database on the Handheld, because the version of the database on the Handheld or the desktop does not match that expected by the Voice Memo conduit.
    Voice Memo synchronization failed
    “Voice Memo” failed (error = #-1)
    To Do List did nothing
    Tasks synchronization failed
    “Tasks” failed (error = #16397)
    OK Media
    OK Note Pad
    OK Memos
    Memo Pad did nothing
    Date Book did nothing
    Contacts synchronization failed
    “Contacts” failed (error = #16397)
    Calendar synchronization failed
    “Calendar” failed (error = #16397)
    Address Book did nothing
    OK Install
    Backed up ConduitMonitor.prc
    Backed up psysLaunchDB.pdb
    Backed up Saved Preferences.prc
    OK Backup
    Last sync time and PC ID updated on handheld
    HotSync Complete 9/18/08 6:09:09 PM
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure at all why it won't do the address book or calender. I get the same failure notice whether I'm trying to sync to palm desktop or to iCal and Address book.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacCentroErr View Post
    I am with joefa88. just got my centro yesterday the first time I used isync the addresses came over to my address book but nothing with the calender and it actually said as I enabled palm that the conduit for calender was being disabled and moved to library. I am using Leopard so I know that there is a known problem but from this thread was hoping I could still get Ical to sync. Any help would be wonderful. eTard what os are you using? Is that the difference or as normal is it just me? Thanks again in advance.

Yes, there is a known problem with Leopard and Centro. I had been using the standard hot sync for my Centro with my old G4, but when I got the new iMac my contacts and calendar would not sync. I tried everything, including iSync, but nothing worked. I finally did purchase the Missing Sync from Mark/Space, and have had no problems.

bernilynn
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12