Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I read on Sprintusers.com that you can update your PRL OTA. Just call up Sprint Customer Service and have them flag your account for an update. Hang up and then dial *22807. They will go through the update and then tell you that you need to hang up and and reset the phone. It took me two times of dialing *22807 after having my phone flagged but and then I saw 60613 and my latest version. Finally Sprint is looking out for Centro customers!

The service rep I intially talked to was a Centro owner himself and he said that he did not know when the firmware update will be available but he too is looking forward to a update to unlock the GPS in the phone. So he did confirm that the hardware is there but Palm just has to unlock it with an update. He was hopeful that the new Verizon Centro will help push the update for Sprints Centro customers.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    What is a OTA PRL Update?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Over-The-Air update. The PRL is the software to communicate with the new towers in your area. They are constantly upgrading the towers all over the country and you need the PRL updates to communicate and recognize these new towers. Now that Google Maps has the software upgrade with My Location (even though it doesn't work with Sprint yet) that works on triangle tower location, this will help with the software and preventing dropped calls. The conventional method of just calling up *2 wasn’t working and never helped with the update. Now Sprint has taken care of that.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Doesn't seem to work for me maybe they don't pick up my voice but I keep getting to the 'new for you' upgrade menu. I've tried 5 times this morning dialing *22807 and got the same thing every time. Advertising for Instinct and 'new for you'.
    *22807 appears to be another CS number. So, are you using *2 to get customer service for the flag and then *22807 or what?
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    That worked for me. I called sprint two days ago to flag me, but *2 didn't work. Now I just dialled that number and justed upgraded... now it says PRL 40411. Before it was 60611... Weird?

I have the centro

I dont know if it's an coincidence but at the same location the other day I was getting 2xx KBPS on dslreports.com mobile speed test. Now I just got 389 KBPS
    Last edited by mxl360; 06/24/2008 at 04:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    mine says 40411 also...????? Great hope it doesn't screw things up
    I had my account flagged this morning, and the *2 option was not working for me. I dialed *22807, and it updated with 40411.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    FYI I found these two post while googling. BUT I have my Roaming set to Home Networks Only Also, and my sprint service seems fine.
    ----
    MarkR on June 24th, 2008, 9:08 am
    I just called SPrint reflagged the account. Dialed **22807 it gave me PRL40411. Now my phone will not find sprint service. What gives??
    -----
    MarkR on June 24th, 2008, 9:38 am
    I have a Palm Centro… 40411 will not find service when set to home networks only
    -----
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    There is PRL60613 here http://www.corolada.com/prl/ Anyone know how to update it ?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Keep trying to update it by calling *22807. I saw on other boards that people were having problems and kept calling back to get the right PRL. After a few times it will download the right one which is 60613.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    For those who have gotten it to work, did they give you an advertisement for the instinct before the download went?
    Interesting, I didn't know on Sprint, you could not do OTA PRL. On VZW, you do use *228 then hit option 2. Congrats! Now hopefully, Palm and Sprint will release your new "Maintainance Release" for your Sprint Centro so you can do "My Location" on Google Maps.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal99 View Post
    For those who have gotten it to work, did they give you an advertisement for the instinct before the download went?
    after
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    After also.
    WOW *22807 worked! 60613!! First time I was able to get OTA to work. Before I had to goto the store.
    Download failed for me the first time, do I had to pwoer cycle the phone and retry. I had 60610 and it went to 60613. and yes I got teh ad for the instinct
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I've heard that this works, but it can be inconsistent. Some people got a completely different version (40411, I assume) instead of a regular update to 60613. I'd like to get the update, but don't really want to spend hours trying to fix things if they go wrong. From what I've read so far, this OTA PRL update seems a little buggy. Anyone know if it has or will soon stabilize, so that everyone gets the right update the first time? Thanks for your help.

Edit: I decided to go for it. It took a few calls and tries, but I eventually got it done. Without the details, after getting my account flagged, I was updated to 40411, and on the second try of getting the account flagged, I was able to get 60613. I was using "home networks only" for roaming, and didn't power cycle the phone on the second try -- I checked the phone info and saw the update there.
    Last edited by Dronak; 06/24/2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: New information
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Do you find that it works better and still roams on Verizon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dronak View Post
    I've heard that this works, but it can be inconsistent. Some people got a completely different version (40411, I assume) instead of a regular update to 60613. I'd like to get the update, but don't really want to spend hours trying to fix things if they go wrong. From what I've read so far, this OTA PRL update seems a little buggy. Anyone know if it has or will soon stabilize, so that everyone gets the right update the first time? Thanks for your help.

Edit: I decided to go for it. It took a few calls and tries, but I eventually got it done. Without the details, after getting my account flagged, I was updated to 40411, and on the second try of getting the account flagged, I was able to get 60613. I was using "home networks only" for roaming, and didn't power cycle the phone on the second try -- I checked the phone info and saw the update there.
    I did the update on two phones and both said it was successful, but they both show 60610. I called Sprint and they connected me to Treo Tech Support. The guy set them up for update while we were on the phone and I updated one while he listened to it. He didn't know about *22807, thought it only needed *2. Both phones show the same thing after the update, reset, and restart. The tech guy asked me, "you do know what this update does, don't you?" I said helped when roaming, and he said that that's all it does, like it didn't mean much.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast