Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    Do you find that it works better and still roams on Verizon?
    I'm not on Verizon, so I couldn't tell you. Sorry. But as far as I know, it's still able to roam to other networks as necessary. I don't know if it's better at doing so now though.
    Worked for me. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Sheesh...what a pain in the ***....One time I did get an update...I'm at 60610. I tried again and the lady said to power off my phone and it will upgrade it...I did so, then a little later played with an app that will need the radio turned back on and was notified I needed to provision sprint services...I did and I'm still at 60610.... Is it worth a third try?
    I think tis best to wait until it gets more reliable (unless you find that your roaming experience is currently bad)
    Quote Originally Posted by nukular View Post
    Sheesh...what a pain in the ***....One time I did get an update...I'm at 60610. I tried again and the lady said to power off my phone and it will upgrade it...I did so, then a little later played with an app that will need the radio turned back on and was notified I needed to provision sprint services...I did and I'm still at 60610.... Is it worth a third try?
    I did the same thing (see my other post) and had the same results. I just called the *22807 again just now and it updated again, but now it's at PRL 40411. So why not 60613? Does anyone know what this means?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I did the same thing (see my other post) and had the same results. I just called the *22807 again just now and it updated again, but now it's at PRL 40411. So why not 60613? Does anyone know what this means?
    I got 40411 also, did not fix the signal faded at my house so I will stick to having it on roaming only.
    I just did the OTA update. My PRL was at 60610 and now reads 40411. Perhaps this is a regional thing?
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Last night I updated my wife's Centro again and it took the 60613, so I called and had Sprint enable my account to update again. Sitting exactly where I was when I updated my wife's 15 minutes before, I did mine again and it stayed 40411. So I'm looking at two phones with two different PRLs.

This morning, my Centro, sitting on the nightstand all night reset itself for the first time ever.

Does anyone know what the actual difference would be, or if they are in fact the same? Nobody in Sprint's tech support knows.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I tried it and a screen came on saying "programming successful", but the PRL did not change and is 40411. Any ideas?
    how do you check the PRL?
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenik View Post
    how do you check the PRL?
    Go to "Phone Info" in the menu on your dialpad screen.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    Do you find that it works better and still roams on Verizon?
    I have Sprint and I still have the use "Roaming Networks Only" (Verizon) at home or else I get the "Signal Faded" but It works fine now on 40411. I noticed it now has the blue triangle and it says Roaming... before on the factory PRL it only had the blue triangle.
    My Centro is 60611 & it's working fine & I haven't done anything do you think I need to go to 60613?
    hmm I dialed *22807 again yesterday and I got upgraded to 60613 from 40411... Only difference is that it does not say Roaming where the carrier is displayed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12