1.    #1  
    http://www.google.com/gmm/palm_apps/...GoogleMaps.prc

This will download the 1.0.0 version which will then prompt you to download the latest version of Google Maps. This update enables the "My Location" feature on AT&T and Verizon phones which sets the map to a distance within 3 miles of your current location.
    Or you could go here to download GM 2.0.2.0 to your device:

www.google.com/m/products?hl=en

My Location is not supported on a Sprint Centro

Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Thanks. I hadn't updated in a while.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    My Location is not supported on a Sprint Centro
    There's a third party app to do this available for all GSM Treos - http://www.razix.net/mloc/
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    There's a third party app to do this available for all GSM Treos - http://www.razix.net/mloc/

Yeah, but a Sprint Centro is CDMA, not GSM

The My Location feature will work on a Sprint CDMA Centro when Sprint releases the update......

I like the update to the App! The smooth scrolling and moving is nice, and the way it moves from location to location when you are looking for sushi or other places.

Though my Treo 755p just reset it's self with the app open... good thing I backed up before I installed! Always use protection!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    hmm, I wonder if the vzw 755pp update due out this summer will allow for "my location" to work.
    Sweeeet it works in the UK!
    Installed on my 755p. I knew "My Location" wouldn't work, just installed to see the other changes. I like it. The smooth scrolling is nice, but I think that's about it.

What I don't like is, the Find Nearby Business tab is gone (it's there, top right on 755p's pre-installed version). Also now in Satellite View, the streets are always marked with colors and there is lettering naming those streets, like in Map View. That's a nice feature to have in Sat View, but you should be able to disable it if you want to see a clean Satellite View with just the image. It can't be done.

Could it be that it isn't working OK on my phone due to this version being for Centros only?
    My Location will never be available for "older Treos" according to Google, especially CDMA versions.
    "Unfortunately, older Palm models such as the Treos don't have the APIs needed to get the cell tower data, so My Location is not available on these models." http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/200...your-palm.html

There is a GSM program that some users have had success with for location triangulation. http://www.razix.net/mloc/

However, the new version will allow "older Treos" to see new hybrid views, provide a improved interface for searching, and an improved scrolling step-by-step than can be copied to the clipboard.

So the update seems to be worth it but do not expect My Location to work unless you have a Centro.
    Apple Newton/Palm III/Palm V/Treo 180/Treo 300/Treo 650/Treo 700/Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by woofytexan View Post
    My Location will never be available for "older Treos" according to Google, especially CDMA versions.
    "Unfortunately, older Palm models such as the Treos don't have the APIs needed to get the cell tower data, so My Location is not available on these models." http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/200...your-palm.html
    So the update seems to be worth it but do not expect My Location to work unless you have a Centro.
    One step closer to saying bubye to Palm. Find me a touchscreen, non-WinOS, smartphone w/exchange support, and Palm can stick to their "phones" based on 2 paper cups & string technology.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I can see how this would be a smart marketing move for Palm if they actually had new products in the PalmOS line but the fact is they don't. Considering most 700p owners are already ticked off for being Palm's paying test subjects, ignoring them in these minor software updates isn't going to in any way help them rebuild their already very negative image. Palm with-holding the API for older phones is just shooting themselves in the foot in the long-run!

Its going to be interesting to see how many early-adopters there will be of Palm's NovaOS. I know I won't be one of them! I don't want to test a *new* OS (as opposed to a mature one with a 3rd-party software base) for them after the problems I've had with the 700p and knowing they'll only force me to buy my fixes later anyway!

I would think that a companies reputation would far out-weigh its desire to make a momentary profit...

Anyway, I think I rather go to the 800w line for real GPS then the Centro anyway. Then again, I don't think I even want another Palm product!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    With the new Sprint Palm Centro update and the New version of Google Maps, the my location is working like a charm...

thanks!
    Now that Google has released an updated Google Maps with Street View for just about every platform except Palm OS, is there any hope we'll ever see another update from Google to the Palm OS version of Google Maps (currently at only version 2.0.2.0) to add Street View functionality?
    Can't see it, why bother? Palm is a dead OS with no future (unless they do something spectacular early next year)...