Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i did a hard reset today and On Demand was replaced with Pocket Express... How did this happen and is there any big differences I should know about?
    None, they just changed the name. On my 755 it is called Pocket Express as well, and it explained when I configured it a month ago, that the name was changed.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I thought I had noticed that some of the services that used to be free with OnDemand are now pay for services. But I only use it to look up movie times, so I haven't really paid much attention.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    My "On Demand" is still "On Demand".... hasn't been renamed. It's just a custom version of Pocket Express, tho. Always has been
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    My "On Demand" is still "On Demand".... hasn't been renamed. It's just a custom version of Pocket Express, tho. Always has been
    that's strange, when I first clicked on my On Demand icon on my 755 it went into a configuration thing but it said that it is now called Pocket Express; when it all installed and was configured, the new icon on my launcher still says On Demand but when I click it, it comes up Pocket Express.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Mine changed too after I reinstalled it on my 755p.
    Mine changed too. When I hard rest my 700p(755rom) about a month ago. I didnt like the newer version much and deleted it.

I did like the movie lookup though but too much memory for just that one feature.
    I started using it a month ago- pretty handy. which services had changed their price structure?

Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    I thought I had noticed that some of the services that used to be free with OnDemand are now pay for services. But I only use it to look up movie times, so I haven't really paid much attention.
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
  9. UserOne
    I noticed on my parent's Treo's that have the newer Pocket Express have a little "Ticker" scrollable bar at the top of the screen on "pageone" and two tabs on the left-hand side that my older On Demand does not have. My parent's both have Sprint 755p's, same as I do... however, thier 755p's are on Sprint 1.07 update while mine is still on 1.04. I don't know for sure if this is why my OnDemand is different, but it is the only thing I can think of that is different on the three units. Also, the newer app is simply referred to as "Express" on the Home screen while mine still reads "OnDemand".

As others have mentioned, I did notice alot more services for sale with prices attached than in the old version.

These are not my pics, but a quick google images search yielded these two images. The first is the newer pocket express I am talking about (notice the two tabs on the left and the ticker on top). The second is the older OnDemand that I still have on my 755p. PICS ATTACHED.

Just my observations so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    right, mine is the newer one like your first image, with the page tabs down the left side. The ticker bar at the time scrolls news stories headlines, stocks, etc. very cool. My icon also says Express. I love the TV Guide, which after you configure it for your TV provider, puts its own icon on your launcher page; you can actually open just the TV Guide without entering Pocket Express (and TV Guide is free).
    I had the old OnDemand on my 755p as well. Just got the new pocket express directly from handmark.com

you have to give your phone number & it will send you a txt msg with the download link. say "save & open" when prompted and it will install the new version on top (replaces the old version). warning: 1.68MB download.

but now, i can't find the TV Guide on this one...

Maybe that's a separate PRC to download?
    yes it is.

Just find the link in pocket express and it gets downloaded as a prc file all by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    yes it is.

Just find the link in pocket express and it gets downloaded as a prc file all by itself.
    that's what i can't find... (the link in pocket express) where is it hidden?

i just know the answer is going to be embarrassingly simple
    I think under Entertainment or Free Stuff, keep searching, it is worth it to have.
  15. UserOne
    WooT! Thanx for the info... I read the news on my old ondemand everyday, have yet to try the TV Guide thing tho.

I'll try downloading the new pocket express tonight tho. Thanx again.

L8R
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Tried to dn this to my 755p--didn't work. Found out it's only for BB and WM devices Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    Tried to dn this to my 755p--didn't work. Found out it's only for BB and WM devices Am I missing something?
    Ahh, no, we are all talking about using it and we all have 755's. Just go onto your launcher choosing ALL as the search filter and find the icon for On Demand. click it and it will ask for your zipcode and start downloading everything for you based on that and will set up an account for you. You might get a screen saying that On Demand has been upgraded to Pocket Express.
    go to handmark.com
    select device - 755p
    search for pocket express
    find the one that says "free"
    click on download
    it will ask for your number and send you a txt mesg with a download link.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Sorry to be unclear--I was referring to the TV Guide. Pocket Express updated fine for me. Thanks for the quick and responsive help though!
    Sorry to be unclear--I was referring to the TV Guide. Pocket Express updated fine for me. Thanks for the quick and responsive help though!
    ohh, no problem. Just open up Pocket Express and click on Entertainment, at the top is a redbox that says TV Guide, you have to click on that box and it will open another screen that says "TV Guide Free" and at the bottom click on Download. Then open it and configure for your TV program provider and zipcode. It actually puts a cute icon on your launcher just for TV Guide, so you don't have to go through Pocket Express to use it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast