Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Your directions are very clear--thanks! Unfortunately I don't see what you describe. See attached. I check all the other channels, and while they all have different ads, none are about the TV Guide. I'm feeling pretty stupid...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    Your directions are very clear--thanks! Unfortunately I don't see what you describe. See attached. I check all the other channels, and while they all have different ads, none are about the TV Guide. I'm feeling pretty stupid...
    Holy cow, I hope I'm not banned for this...........

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dollface; 08/16/2008 at 06:51 PM.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Thanks for putting this up dollface--you are terrific! I can't imagine it would be any trouble--it is a free service after all, and I am registered through Pocket Express already anyway. I hope you're not banned either... I'll try it out.
    maybe someone can teach me how to properly insert a .zip file on this board?? thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I seem to have figured it out myself.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Tried it out--it's great! Thanks again
    Any way to make the text larger on TV Guide; it is larger when used via On Demand.

Tx.

BB
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Yes, from within "TV Listings", select the Option "Listings Settings", and uncheck "Use small font".
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    Yes, from within "TV Listings", select the Option "Listings Settings", and uncheck "Use small font".
    Many thanks, I should have seen that. Have a great 4th!

BB
    Anyone know how to delete guides you created? I accidently created one by mistake and now need to delete it.

Thanks,

Rick
    When this was On Demand, the 411 lookup service was free, and extremely useful. Now it is asking for a fee after an initial trial period. Shouldn't Sprint or Palm give original purchasers of On Demand a key so this can be used without a fee, or at least make the original service available?
  11. UserOne
    Quote Originally Posted by joe nathan View Post
    When this was On Demand, the 411 lookup service was free, and extremely useful. Now it is asking for a fee after an initial trial period. Shouldn't Sprint or Palm give original purchasers of On Demand a key so this can be used without a fee, or at least make the original service available?

I never used the 411 service in On Demand or the newer Pocket Express, but if what your looking for is simply free 411 information, perhaps Tryda would work for ya. I have been using it on my 755p for a while now with no issues.

L8R
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    I use Tryda most of the time as well, and sometimes use GoogleMaps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UserOne View Post
    I never used the 411 service in On Demand or the newer Pocket Express, but if what your looking for is simply free 411 information, perhaps Tryda would work for ya. I have been using it on my 755p for a while now with no issues.

L8R
    Thanks. This works almost as well as On Demand 411.
    My On Demand did the switch over to Pocket Express a few weeks ago. I also lost the TV Guide launcher, but that was the least of my troubles. The phone began trying to do an automatic update every morning at 4:44AM. IT would always say something like "unable to update" and give you the option of manually updating or skipping. Either option resulted in a reboot. I finaly gave up dealing with this mess and called Sprint. It took an hour and three techs to finally convince them to let me just do a hard reset. That gave me back my old On Demand and my TV Guide! I just ignore the "update available" box that pops up now. I didn't like the Pocket Express, especially when it took away my TV Guide. It and the 411 are the only thing I really use regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
    My On Demand did the switch over to Pocket Express a few weeks ago. I also lost the TV Guide launcher, but that was the least of my troubles. The phone began trying to do an automatic update every morning at 4:44AM. IT would always say something like "unable to update" and give you the option of manually updating or skipping. Either option resulted in a reboot. I finaly gave up dealing with this mess and called Sprint. It took an hour and three techs to finally convince them to let me just do a hard reset. That gave me back my old On Demand and my TV Guide! I just ignore the "update available" box that pops up now. I didn't like the Pocket Express, especially when it took away my TV Guide. It and the 411 are the only thing I really use regularly.
    well, why not uninstall Pocket Express and free up some main memory, that thing is huge. then find the download file for the TV Guide app right here in this thread, and use the free program Tryda instead of 411; it probably works better anyway.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    In Pocket Express Under Extras, there is a free download for TV Guide.

Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    well, why not uninstall Pocket Express and free up some main memory, that thing is huge. then find the download file for the TV Guide app right here in this thread, and use the free program Tryda instead of 411; it probably works better anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    In Pocket Express Under Extras, there is a free download for TV Guide.
    Right, that is exactly where I got the file that I posted several posts up as an attachment; you can just download that file and install it, it is the same thing as from Pocket Express.
    I tried the download and now it say it having problems with setting up an account and now no On Demand
    You may have to initially set up your On Demand account on your phone; you start that by installing On Demand and it will set up your account. Then what I did was just install the free TV Guide, which is a stand alone program and then I uninstalled On Demand. I really never used it as much as I thought I would and as far as weather and directory assistance, I have other programs that do that for me.

Good luck
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12