1.    #1  
    I have the usb modem program which i use to tether to my mac....there is 1 options on the screen: what does each of these 2 do? you can checkmark is you want these:

#1 low latency (vs high throughput)
    #2 background mode

i dont have these checked mark, everything works great but just want to know what they do...thanks!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    "Background mode" allows you to use the phone while in modem mode. This includes both the voice portion as well as the other functions on the device.

As for low latency, I don't really know. As a user of the program, I'll second your call for anyone who can explain... I mean, high throughput sounds good, so why might I prefer this low latency of which we are speaking?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoMaf View Post
    I have the usb modem program which i use to tether to my mac....there is 1 options on the screen: what does each of these 2 do? you can checkmark is you want these:

#1 low latency (vs high throughput)
    #2 background mode

i dont have these checked mark, everything works great but just want to know what they do...thanks!
    Maybe e-mail the developer/author and ask... but I doubt you would get a "real" response because the app is closed source..
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d