1.    #1  
    I know there are sites like tuneusin.com for BlackBerry ringtones, and that is nice and all, but I love me Palm, so there has to be something like that for it. Is there some way I can get free ringtones for my Palm or maybe a converter from MP3 to ringtone? Anything would be nice, I would love to have new ringtones.
    Download a freeware app called Minitones (there is also another called MusicTones), that enables you to edit MP3s and convert them to ringtones. Why look for sites for ringtone and run the risk of them being proprietary. Simply make your own from your own music collection. Here is a manual on using Minitones.

http://mytreo.net/treofaq/MiniTones
  3.    #3  
    Thanks a bunch man. That app is pretty cool. It does take a bit of memory based on what I would have thought, but in the end it isn't that bad really. That is better then what I was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by melphen View Post
    Thanks a bunch man. That app is pretty cool. It does take a bit of memory based on what I would have thought, but in the end it isn't that bad really. That is better then what I was looking for.
    Keep Minitones and ALL .mp3 files on your card; then when you are done trimming the .mp3 file for your ringer and click ADD, the only thing that will go into main memory of the phone is the new ringer. Be sure to keep the ringer to 30-40 seconds long and that new ringer should only be between 300-500KB in size.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  5.    #5  
    I really just use the chorus of the song and I'm keeping them around 200 - 300 kb. Works fine for me as I don't do many at the time, I just delete and change often I guess. Thanks for all the help, this thing gets better everyday I use it.
    I think MiniTones is one of the best programs around. If there was just someway to be able to keep the ringtone on the memory card as opposed to the main memory. I know on the 700wx I had, it was possible to do that, but then I guess that's one of the difference between a Windows and Palm based system.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I think MiniTones is one of the best programs around. If there was just someway to be able to keep the ringtone on the memory card as opposed to the main memory. I know on the 700wx I had, it was possible to do that, but then I guess that's one of the difference between a Windows and Palm based system.

You're right, it would be great to be able to keep the ringers on the card. That is why it is vital to keep them to 30 seconds, plus I have made about 25 ringers but only keep two (2) in main memory. I like to switch them around a lot too, and the unused ones live on my card in a folder I created called.............. Ringers!
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
  8.    #8  
    I thought about moving them around to just keep them, but this program is so easy to use and really a lot of fun to play with that I don't mind making them over again if I decide I want to go back to the ones I had before. This app alone has friends wanting to upgrade to this phone. Not to mention LJP. Over all I have to say the things this phone can do has kept me spending alot of free time just playing with things.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    You're right, it would be great to be able to keep the ringers on the card. That is why it is vital to keep them to 30 seconds, plus I have made about 25 ringers but only keep two (2) in main memory. I like to switch them around a lot too, and the unused ones live on my card in a folder I created called.............. Ringers!
    I've found that keeping them short isn't always the solution. The bit rate that the MP3s are encoded at make a big difference. For example, I have the ER Theme (encoded at 160kbps) as my main ringer, 25 seconds worth, and it takes up 800k. I also have a snippet from Kiss Rock'n'Roll All Day (encoded at 48kbps), 30 seconds worth, and it takes up just over 150k. I'm going to play around with the bit rate on my computer and see how low I can get it and still have it sound half way decent on the phone. Given the limitations of the Treo's speaker, I can't see how one could hear the difference between a file encoded at 320kbps and, say, 48kbps. The size savings should make up for it.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I've found that keeping them short isn't always the solution. The bit rate that the MP3s are encoded at make a big difference. For example, I have the ER Theme (encoded at 160kbps) as my main ringer, 25 seconds worth, and it takes up 800k. I also have a snippet from Kiss Rock'n'Roll All Day (encoded at 48kbps), 30 seconds worth, and it takes up just over 150k. I'm going to play around with the bit rate on my computer and see how low I can get it and still have it sound half way decent on the phone. Given the limitations of the Treo's speaker, I can't see how one could hear the difference between a file encoded at 320kbps and, say, 48kbps. The size savings should make up for it.

I don't believe you could hear the difference on the treo's speakers. you might be able to change the bitrate using Audacity, which is a free program.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    It seems like eveyone is able to use .wavs on their 755p except me. I converted 2 files from .mp3 to .wav, emailed them to the treo, and tapped the yellow button. It converted both .wavs (one at a time), and both show up in my ringtone list. When I set the first one as my default ring, it plays fine. When I call my phone, the phone reboots. The second file works perfectly.

I re-converting the first file three times, but got the same results each time. Any ideas? The bitrate is 128 on both. The .wav files are both under 500k.

Thanks!

-Wes-
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I used bluetooth to get a few ringtones and I cannot find where it put them on my phone, I do have the memory card inserted but can't even figure out how to see if it could be on that. Can anyone help me?
    did you look in the voice recorder?
    Kyocera 7135, 700p, 755p and waiting for the next one. yehh!! PALM PRE please come to verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jule37 View Post
    I used bluetooth to get a few ringtones and I cannot find where it put them on my phone, I do have the memory card inserted but can't even figure out how to see if it could be on that. Can anyone help me?

There in your RAM somewhere... you'll have to get a program like FileZ to search for them... nonetheless I haven't been able to bluetooth them and have them work... download MusicTones or MiniTones like the above guys/girls have stated.. its a great program!
    When ringtones are bluetoothed the properties get messed up so they are not seen as ringtones. Use an application like FileZ to browse your RAM (internal memory). Look for files starting with Ton-name. I use resco explorer so I'm not sure how you would do this in FilesZ, but you will need to edit the General Properties and Attributes of the file. In General Properties change the Type to MP3f (or AACf) and the Creator to HsTo. In Attributes make sure "Stream" is checked. Then go into ringtone settings and see if they now shows up.
    I used to get all the ring tones I wanted from myxer when I had my Instinct, but now with my 755 I cant seem to get any....I tried mini tones but that site is not working...
    Last edited by jren64; 10/28/2008 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jren64 View Post
    I used to get all the ring tones I wanted from myxer when I had my Instinct, but now with my 755 I cant seem to get any....I tried mini tones but that site is not working...
    What site isn't working??
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/minitones,1053.html
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers