Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, Treocentral and Palminfocenter just annoucned it based on Palm's recent press release. However, it did not specify which Centros (GSM vs. CDMA). We already know that the GSM can do it with programs floating around the internet.

Here's Palm's official press release: http://investor.palm.com/releaseDeta...leaseID=317853

Here's hoping that the CDMA Centro (VZW and Sprint) will have this feature as well.

Now, what about the Treo 755p for VZW/Sprint/Alltel?
    What about in Europe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Now, what about the Treo 755p for VZW/Sprint/Alltel?
    Not going to stop me from backing up my Treo and trying it out!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    can i use it on my 650? if so, can someone post .prc ...
    thanx
    I think this press release is just saying that Palm is releasing an unlocked version, meaning an unlocked GSM version, just like they did with the 680. They do that so people who don't want to be tied to AT&T, or who travel internationally, can have a Centro.

Hopefully the update will include something that would allow My Location to work, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Engadget says At&t and Verizon. C'mon Sprint! How are you first to get the phone but last to get the update! lol!

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...s-my-location/
    I hope there'll be a way to get "My Location on our 700p or 755. I think palm was suppose to release an API or something to get My Location working on the newer phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    I hope there'll be a way to get "My Location on our 700p or 755.

I'm not holding my breath for the 700p.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    That will be some real BS if Verizon gets it, and we get squat. Time to cross the fingers.

so no SPRINT???
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    i guess for spring we need a software update... based on

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...s-my-location/
    Sony n710 --> N760 --> NX70 ---> NZ90 ---> 4get sony ---> Treo 600 -- and two weeks later--> (Feb 05)Treo650 .... (March '08) Centro... Palm Pre (launch date)
    Yeah no sprint.
    Later this summer sounds good to me LOL.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    C'mon Sprint! How are you first to get the phone but last to get the update!
    I have to agree, it seems really odd that the first carrier to have the device, and the one who's had it the longest, is the last to get this MyLocation update for Google Maps. I wonder how late in the summer it will be before Sprint gets it. Hopefully not too long. It would be nice to have this feature before I take my summer vacation trip this year.
    I think Palm should have clarify what GSM or CDMA Centro it was for. that is unprofessional.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    I think Palm should have clarify what GSM or CDMA Centro it was for. that is unprofessional.
    I think verizon is also CDMA...doesn't make sensw for sprint to not update...
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    Later this summer sounds good to me LOL.
    Remember when Palm said 700p update sometime in the summer? it took half a year later to get it lol. Hopefully they won't take 10 years to release a sprint update!
    Just downloaded the new version (2.0.2.0). On my Sprint Centro it says, "The My Location feature is not available for this version of Centro. Please go to http://www.palm.com/centroupgrade for more information" (which is currently a dead Palm page). Other features seem to work fine.
    I also downloaded - not working - any help - Palm update page has no support.
    It shows "My Location" button, but not functioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    I also downloaded - not working - any help - Palm update page has no support.
    It shows "My Location" button, but not functioning.
    Are you on a Sprint device? If so, My Location isn't going to work until Sprint releases its update.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast