Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Here are the one's in my Sprint Centro. I don't know what this will do, but here are both phoneinterfacelibrary.prc that are in ROM. Let us know how it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Thanks, however the one on the VZW centro is needed because it is the one that works with google maps.

I may have to go on a trip to my verizon store, beam FileZ to their display centro, then send the PIL from it to my phone. hmm, wonder if I could get a way with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR447 View Post
    Thanks, however the one on the VZW centro is needed because it is the one that works with google maps.

I may have to go on a trip to my verizon store, beam FileZ to their display centro, then send the PIL from it to my phone. hmm, wonder if I could get a way with that.
    I hope you don't get a rep bugging you to try to get you into the centro, then he or she will see what you're doing. Let us know what happens, Thanks.
    Just tell them you're comparing and you'd like a few minutes. If it's a display and you delete filez when you're done what harm is it? I'll bet if you went into a store and told them what you want to do to try and see if something works, they'd watch as you did it to see if it works.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    well I've come up with a "plan" but I'm not sure if it will work. I'll email filez to myself then download it over blazer on the centro. after that I can send the filt to my phone over bluetooth. end result is I never have to pull my phone out of my pocket so it looks like I'm just playing with the centro.

haha, I think I put too much thought into this, feel like I'm planning a robbery or something.

now the problem, I don't think the that POS will let me receive the PIL file because there is already one on my phone(in the ROM) and it won't let me overwrite it. when I loaded the DUN hacked PIL I had to use resco explorer to get it to write the file to the internal memory. I need a way to save the centro's PIL to my memory card but I don't think POS will give me that option.

so once again I'll ask if someone here with a VZW centro would be kind enough to post their PIL.

Thanks
    well I've come up with a "plan" but I'm not sure if it will work. I'll email filez to myself then download it over blazer on the centro. after that I can send the filt to my phone over bluetooth. end result is I never have to pull my phone out of my pocket so it looks like I'm just playing with the centro.

haha, I think I put too much thought into this, feel like I'm planning a robbery or something.

now the problem, I don't think the that POS will let me receive the PIL file because there is already one on my phone(in the ROM) and it won't let me overwrite it. when I loaded the DUN hacked PIL I had to use resco explorer to get it to write the file to the internal memory. I need a way to save the centro's PIL to my memory card but I don't think POS will give me that option.

so once again I'll ask if someone here with a VZW centro would be kind enough to post their PIL.

Thanks
    Why not use filez to copy the file somewhere on the centro, and then email it to yourself?

(I would help but I have a Sprint 755p)

Thanks
    Here you go. VZW files attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by credditt View Post
    Here you go. VZW files attached.
    Thanks! Trying it out now.
    Thanks! Trying it out now.
    Let us know as soon as you can.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    well so far I'm getting reset loops whenever I load it. I had the same trouble back when I loaded the DUN hacked PIL... trying to remember what I did to get around that last time. I'll keep trying and report back asap. I welcome others to try as well, just be sure you have a backup through NVbackup or similar application.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    I used FileZ to look at what happened to GoogleMaps...(have a VZW Centro) and it looks like GoogleMaps is in my RAM (646K)...GoogleMaps is still on my ROM (538K), but there is only one Google Maps icon. I betcha there is a function that runs the newest version of the program....thus the one in my VZW Centro ROM is now obsolete. So now, I have 646K less RAM, but the upgraded GoogleMaps was worth it (not only the MyLocation, but better Search function).
    fyi-
    that's exactly what the palm os does.

same thing happens to any apps in rom that get updated.

Docs to go.

the media players.

etc.

the rom keeps the old one, the new one goes to ram and the OS uses the one with the newer version number.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234