1.    #1  
    Just got an email from Palm announcing that they are selling the Centro unlocked for $299. You just have to hit the "Buy Now" link to do so. But when you do, it takes to their site to purchase. But they haven't updated it yet to include the unlocked. No other details, the only picture they show in the email is the white one. Wonder if any other colors will be available?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    That's about right, I got mine for 154 on Amazon UK with a 4gig card thrown in free!
  3.    #3  
    They just updated the site, and it shows it available now. It is only in white, just like the AT&T one, but without the green numeric keys on it.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Now if only they sold different colours in the UK! Grrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuzz View Post
    Now if only they sold different colours in the UK! Grrrr!
    Yeah they'd sell a ton if they released it in pink but anyway I'd only buy it in black (hmmm although that navy blue looks quite smart) so I'm happy.

Damn shame really, don't know what Palm is on, they could be onto a right winner in the UK with the Centro if they actually marketed the thing properly...
    Good news for people who want it on T-Mobile in the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Good news for people who want it on T-Mobile in the USA.
    Totally.

But my wife says NO WAY until they release a RED gsm version. Fashion is a MUST!

She'll be sticking with her red factory unlocked 680.

But this is a fantastic opportunity for everyone else.

I actually like the white, and I'm glad the puke-green keys were dropped.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Good price too. In asia, it sells for $400-500.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi View Post
    Totally.

But my wife says NO WAY until they release a RED gsm version. Fashion is a MUST!

She'll be sticking with her red factory unlocked 680.

But this is a fantastic opportunity for everyone else.

I actually like the white, and I'm glad the puke-green keys were dropped.

What about the pink one?
    I would have preferred a navy centro, second choice would have been pink. But I ended up unlocking an ATT centro that I got during the May special. At that time, I realized that if I wanted a "fancy" centro, I could just buy one of those "skins". Obviously, a skin isn't as nice as the colored plastic being the right color, but it's changeable with your mood and it would make your phone rather cute! Ultimately, the case I bought covers up all the "skinnable" areas so I saved my money and didn't get one. But I would definitely try a skin before avoiding buying the phone for aesthetic reasons. I calculated that it'd be far cheaper to buy a fancy or even a custom skin, compared to switching cell phone providers (and having to use a higher priced plan) to get the "right" color.
    Does anyone know if the unlocked white Centro comes with the "Old style" phone application or the new one?
    It comes with Phone v. 3.5A, if that tells you anything. I haven't had a Treo since the 600, so I don't know if this is "new" or "old style."
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    They meant the Treo 680/ATT Centro type phone app made for GSM phones. It has icons on the bottom rather than buttons. It looks like this http://blog.treonauts.com/Treo680PhoneApp01.jpg
    Yep, the unlocked GSM Centro has that.
    -Shrek
    It would be great if some owner of Unlocked Centro could upload IM.prc from his device here!
    Any proposals, please?
    Let's Treo!
    My unlocked GSM Centro doesn't have that file.
    -Shrek
    Strange... is it means that in your Centro you have not application Instant Messenger at all? Or maybe you have install it fro supplied CD as additional software?
    Thank you for your information and reply!
    Let's Treo!
    I believe it was only on the Sprint Centro and will only work on the Sprint Centro.
    Is the version of PocketTunes included the Deluxe or Standard version? From Palm's website it appears to be standard.
    Looks like standard, version 4.04.
    -Shrek