Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mxl360 View Post
    The evidence was my turning on IR then reset and the green LED would shut off. Turn the IR off then reset and the green LED turns on. Did this 100 times....all other variables constant, same result. I dont claim this to occur on any phone, but mine.
    What does the green LED have to do with anything??? The only time the green LED should be on is if the Centro is on the charger and it's fully charged. The LED should be off ALL the time when the Centro is not on the charger (IR on or not) unless you have some bizarro third party program installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckc192000 View Post
    What does the green LED have to do with anything??? The only time the green LED should be on is if the Centro is on the charger and it's fully charged. The LED should be off ALL the time when the Centro is not on the charger (IR on or not) unless you have some bizarro third party program installed.
    Nevermind...I see you were referring to how the Treo Battery application could turn on the Orange LED on past Treo models to indicate REM sleep. Apparently that doesn't work on the Centro because it turns on the Green LED even when the Centro is NOT in the fast battery drain mode. The only definitive way to tell if the Treo is in the fast drain mode is to look at the current drain GRAPH in Treo Battery to see the current being drawn when the Centro is off. In normal operation, the Centro draws about 10 mA when "turned off". If it's in the fast drain mode, the Centro draws around 100 mA when turned off. Nothing (including turning the IR on or off or turning the phone radio off and on) can stop the fast drain mode once it gets triggered except doing a soft reboot. It appears that using the phone (possibly in areas with low signal strength) triggers the fast drain mode but I haven't done enough experiments to say for sure.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    For me I can duplicate fast drain mode by calling *2 and hanging up. *2 is customer service for sprint. Others can duplicate if someone calls them and hangs up before they can press the end button. I'm sure there are other ways to trigger fast drain.

I can stop fast drain mode by calling a regular number and hanging up. I can also stop it by turning the phone radio off/on.

Are you sure toggling the phone radio doesn't stop fast drain? How about turning the phone radio off but not back on, does the fast drain still happen?
    I have had nothing but problems since 1.07 upgrade.
    Thanks for the above current charge number info.
    Mine is running 200 to 300 and draining the battery horribly, down 3% in 30 minutes just watching Treo Battery.
    It cannot go thru a day, used to use whatever whenever and might go 2 days before charge.
    This didn't happen before update. I had several 3rd party program which had caused no problems like this.
    The ones I would guess would be 4Cast or the Google Maps constantly looking for a location. I cannot find anything to shut this off just in case.
    Two service centers have no idea, going back tomorrow to insist on phone tradeout unless someone comes up with a good idea.
    Wish the HTC Diamond was out, would just go ahead and try one, even with Windows.
    Chuckc, or anyone, can you tell me what your normal readin out of current is when your phone is on, radio on for calls, setting on your desk?

I have lost 3% in 4 hrs, 26% in 7.5 hours, made 1 call, no data, just watching my Battery meter which is running at just below 200 mA. Calls and usage bump to 400ish

This seems high. Really don't want to delete everything and reload one at a time until I know what I am looking for.

Thank you for deciphering these numbers or telling me where to go look for meaningful ones.
    Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts
    Your drain rates seem high. I don't use TreoBattery or whatever you are using to see the drain rate so I don't know specific #s for the program you are using. In PowerHero, drain rate when on a call is around 320-330mA and drain rate while in sleep mode (but phone radio on) is around 3mA, so there is roughly a 100x difference. You only have a 2x difference.

Is 4cast updating weather in the background? Can you adjust the update frequency? If not, try deinstalling it and see if that changes anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    Chuckc, or anyone, can you tell me what your normal readin out of current is when your phone is on, radio on for calls, setting on your desk?

I have lost 3% in 4 hrs, 26% in 7.5 hours, made 1 call, no data, just watching my Battery meter which is running at just below 200 mA. Calls and usage bump to 400ish

This seems high. Really don't want to delete everything and reload one at a time until I know what I am looking for.

Thank you for deciphering these numbers or telling me where to go look for meaningful ones.
    Yeah, when it's not in fast drain mode the current reading I get in Treo Battery is about 10 mA. When in the fast drain mode it's around 100 mA. Both of these are just sitting there doing nothing (no data transfers or phone calls going on).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123