1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to save Voice Memo files in a PC-standard (mp3, wav, etc) format? If I use Resco Explorer I can see a bunch of QCPf files in RAM, and the Resco Backup folder appears to have saved them in PDB format on my card, but I'm trying to find a way to preserve the audio in non-PalmOS format. It's nice to click a button and record my kids (toddlers) saying something cute or singing -- when I point the camera at them they get distracted and just want to play with the phone.

Any way to easily capture audio in a PC format using the default Voice Memo program?

TIA.
    There are one or two threads about this around here somewhere. An easier answer though is CallRec - it does its thing in WAV format.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz View Post
    Does anyone know how to save Voice Memo files in a PC-standard (mp3, wav, etc) format? If I use Resco Explorer I can see a bunch of QCPf files in RAM, and the Resco Backup folder appears to have saved them in PDB format on my card, but I'm trying to find a way to preserve the audio in non-PalmOS format. It's nice to click a button and record my kids (toddlers) saying something cute or singing -- when I point the camera at them they get distracted and just want to play with the phone.

Any way to easily capture audio in a PC format using the default Voice Memo program?

TIA.
    Did you ever figure out a way to do this? I found one other unanswered query about it -- that was the only other thread I could locate on the topic. I did purchase Call Rec and it's great but I have several long voice recordings I'd like to back up -- or more pertinently, download to a laptop for transcribing -- and Call Rec can't transfer already recorded voice memos over to my laptop. The voice memo file itself is locked. Can anyone assist?
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I played my handful of old Palm Voice Memo files via my Treo's speakerphone into a high-quality microphone attached to my PC and recorded them as WAV files. Crude, but it was fast and worked fairly well for archival purposes. I've never used voice memo since, due to my immense preference for CallRec.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Ah well...yes, as I've been scouring the web, I've been concluding I'd have to get by with some tactic such as this but your specific details are very helpful. Thanks so much for sending them.