Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Right, having been fed up with trying to get Versamail to work with my Gmail I've decided to shell out a few pounds and get a decent email app for the Centro.

I'm trialing ChatterEmail at the moment and while it seems fine in d/ling for some reason it won't d/l the last seven days and keeps trying to d/l email from several years ago ( ); had a quick read of SnapperMail website and might give that a go but thought I'd seek the wise council of TreoCentral peeps.

Which in your estimation is better SnapperMail or ChatterEmail? If you run either why have you chosen it over the other or any other email app for that matter? Any other good email apps worth trialing?
    well, I have been using ChatterEmail in IMAP form with my gmail account for 6 months, without one problem. I have it set to fetch mail every 10 minutes and have when on the road, used it in true PUSH email. In Options - Edit Mailbox - at the top click on Deliver and at the top right is a box you can set how many days to download mail, two lines under that there is a box to leave unchecked that says "Keep Older Messages on Treo". also at the top be sure that the box Sync Messages is checked.

I highly recommend ChatterEmail if you are using it with gmail in the IMAP form.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    I have a Treo 755p, and have tried VersaMail, Chattermail, and Snappermail. I ended up buying Snappermail. I don't have it set to 'fetch' my mail basically because I prefer to just do it manually. My decision was based on this thread at another forum.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Chatteremail is, by leaps and bounds, the best email software for the Palm OS.
    Since I haven't used Chatter I can't offer an objective comparison. But if you end up deciding on Snapper, I can tell you that it's reliable and has served me well.

Give the trial a go. That's how I ended up using it.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I have both and ChatterEmail excels by far. There really is no equal comparison.
  7.    #7  
    Why do you think Chatter is better than Snapper?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    That's like asking why someone likes Evian over Dasani bottled water. Just try both (they both have free trials) and see which one floats your boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    That's like asking why someone likes Evian over Dasani bottled water. Just try both (they both have free trials) and see which one floats your boat.
    I agree. Trial them both.
    Good Luck
    I've used both. In general, I prefer Snapper for ease of use and the interface. Chatter does have a few nice features than Snapper lacks, however. And Snapper doesn't support push Imap. If that's important to you, then Chatter is your choice.

But both have free trials, so see which you like better.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Well maybe I'm just curious what makes some people like one over another.
    I used Chatter for over a year on my old 700p and then the new 755p, but went back to SnapperMail after figuring out that Chatter was the major source of lag on both devices. Since getting rid of Chatter, I've had zero lag issues.
    Like many of the users here, I have used Chatteremail for a while and I have been very pleased with it. It is simple to use and accomplishes its task. My problem now is that there will not be further updates made to the program and my employer has moved to Exchange Server 2007, which is not supported by Chatter so I am now looking around as well.
  14.    #14  
    What do you mean there wont be any more updates to it? Is this work related or Palm not supporting it?
    Refer to this link:
    http://chatteremailforum.com/index.p...ewtopic&t=4461

The text of importance is as follows:

ChatterEmail 3.0.18 is now available for over the air download

As a reminder -- ChatterEmail is feature complete at this time - They are no additional updates planned.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I can't speak for SnapperMail, but Chatter is rock solid for me. I only wish it had better support for sorting, and that the interface scrolling was faster. I only use two accounts with IMAP push though, don't know how well it would work if really loaded down.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I've used Chatter and Snappermail on my Centro at various points. I use Chatter 100% of the time now. On occasion, just the sake of change, I've started up Snapper. The first time it jumps to the front to get mail, is usually the point I load up Chatter.

Chatter's ability to fetch mail in the background, in my opinion, make all the others pale in comparison. And it's been virtually rock-solid on my Centro.

Just my opinion.

Larry
    Here's one comparison discussion:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=chatteremail
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan View Post
    Well maybe I'm just curious what makes some people like one over another.
    "Because Evian TASTES better!"
    --"No, Dasani tastes better!"

Just saying any opinions you get are going to be very subjective and largely irrelevant to you until you try them for yourself and see how they suit or don't suit your needs and likes/dislikes in an email client.

The main feature difference between chattermail is, as stated earlier, chatter supports 'push' email via an imap server that supports the "IDLE" command.

Personally, I think it's a waste of battery life, but that's just my opinion. - some people just can't live w/o it.
    chatter also supports a more comprehensive folder structure on the imap server doesn't it. that is, with chatter I can see (and sync) inbox as well as several other boxes, including boxes buried in a heirarchy on the imap server.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast