Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am the newest user of a palm centro through at&t.. Done some research and found out that you can have your centro imitate the Iphone.. I can not find the software anywhere and have no clue where to start.. seems like a cool feature to me seeing that i wanted the iphone but also wanted the full keyboard! please someobody HELLLLLP!!
    Is this what you're looking for: TouchLauncher

Edited to add: you can find more info in this thread.

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Dude, you couldn't have searched that hard. I opened up Google, typed in touchlauncher and it was the very first hit on the page!

Here is the link.
    I trialed touchlauncher, but it isn't a fully functioning trial. This annoys me. I don't like trying something that only offers severely restricted usage. I passed.

Cheers,
    Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    I trialed touchlauncher, but it isn't a fully functioning trial. This annoys me. I don't like trying something that only offers severely restricted usage.
    Yeah, why cripple a trial version of an app that only costs $6.99? Doesn't make much sense to me.
    Count me in for Touchlauncher. I was a satisfied Zlauncher user for years. It did everything I wanted, and was (is) extremely customizable. I had zero interest in learning a new launcher and a new system, but I installed Treolauncher on a whim a few weeks ago and haven't looked back.

I don't really care about the iPhone imitation aspect of it... there are plenty of iPhone imitation themes out there. What sold me is the touch-and-drag feature (you can see it in this youtube video) to switch between windows/tabs. I find it much easier than the5-way, and the interface -- whether you use an iPhone iconset or non-apple icons -- is extremely attractive.

I didn't have a problem with the 10-icon limit in the trial version. But I was sold on the user interface quickly enough that, when I saw the $6 price tag, I just went ahead and bought it. It's not perfect -- I'd like a hotkey to reset the Centro ala Zlauncher, and I still haven't found a way to make Touchlauncher my default launcher on reset, but a great program nonetheless.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    You can try Initiate. The latest version gives you icon support so you could download the Iphone icons or whatever icon set you like for your programs.

It also allows you to use icons for categories. Check it out here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=initiate
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz View Post
    Count me in for Touchlauncher. I was a satisfied Zlauncher user for years. It did everything I wanted, and was (is) extremely customizable. I had zero interest in learning a new launcher and a new system, but I installed Treolauncher on a whim a few weeks ago and haven't looked back.
    I still flip between T-launcher and Zlauncher. I keep Z in list mode, so when I use the 'All' category everything is there and I can quickly jump to a program by pressing the first letter.

T-launcher is cool and I bought the full version, but Z still is my default, just because I constantly bounce through several programs. If I could use the 'Select-by-Letter' option in T to filter my icons, no matter what page I'm on and no matter what page the icon is on, then Z would probably be retired.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    You should try FastLaunch. It's awesome!!

VERY happy user of these GREAT apps:

TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial.
    Also check out the
    TAKEphONE skins , TAKEphONE skins thread

Verizon Treo 755p
    Fast launcher is good, but it is copy of petit launcher, which I like better. You can assign only the apps you want to use and you hold down the middle button to activate. Fast launcher gets in the way with butler key launcher.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    One of the recent updates to FastLaunch allows you to assign only the apps you want as well, and the most recent update allows you now to launch contacts as well. I had Butler Speed Keys, but didn't mind sacrificing them as I could never recall what letter I had assigned to certain apps. Now I don't have to remember. I just remember what letter the app begins with, press/hold and viola...the list of apps that start with that letter are there in a little box. I love it. Had FastLaunch been around, I probably would've got by on just it and Resco Explorer for all my launching and file managment needs. I might've added TreoLauncher and TouchLauncher just for aethetics.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    has anyone tried to remove Touch launcher? I can not figure out how to remove it if I want to. Or How do you go back to or make the original palm launcher default?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    has anyone tried to remove Touch launcher? I can not figure out how to remove it if I want to. Or How do you go back to or make the original palm launcher default?
    Download Destasller. Then use it to delete every program you want to get rid of in the future. It's much more effective than using the launcher to delete, which will often delete the main program but leave lots of little extra files on your hard drive to build up & take up space.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fstopstigmata View Post
    Download Destasller. Then use it to delete every program you want to get rid of in the future. It's much more effective than using the launcher to delete, which will often delete the main program but leave lots of little extra files on your hard drive to build up & take up space.

Thank you, great program!!! Touch Launcher would not let me un-insall it.
    Hi Iīm a firstime user, but dontīs write english very well, but I say tanks for sharing
    Touch Launcher would not let me un-insall it.
    Press Menu-X in TL, then reset (optional)
    then remove it as a usual palm os app through launcher. No need for any other utils.
    I'm a TouchLauncher fan. I have my "all" category arranged just the way I like it with certain things grouped together on certain pages. I can find apps quickly and easily and it looks fantastic with nice wallpaper behind it.

I'm very happy with this program.
    I liked using touch launcher, but most of my daily programs are assigned to one touch keys and I rarely use the launcher at all. It is a nicely done program though.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I am not sure who introduced the touchLauncher to the forum, I can say that it is a terrific application, and for the price: Why not?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajayacharya_250 View Post
    I am not sure who introduced the touchLauncher to the forum, I can say that it is a terrific application, and for the price: Why not?
    That would be me. Heh.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast