1.    #1  
    Okay, I have been familiar with using Java for Palm OS on my Treo 700p and had been using Java 5.7.2 on my Treo 700p. The two Java programs I run are Hourly X Cast (great freebie weather program) and Opera Mini 4.1x (whatever the latest stable version of it).

Both of these program access the internet and yes my Palm OS Preference is set that the Palm OS DOES NOT ask if it is okay to go on the internet.

However, the Java for Palm OS does it all the time unless you HotSync the file "j9secpol.prc" after you have HotSync the two Java files on the Centro.

I have done this before on my Treo 700p and after installing j9secpol.prc, Java stopped asking me permission to go on the internet.

I have done the same procedure on my new VZW Centro and guess what, it still ask if it is ok to go on the 'net. Once I click yes, everything works as before. Hourly X Cast runs fine and so does Opera Mini (after I have set the proper Java preference) (I hot sync'd j9secpol.prc after installing the Java files).

Has anyone been running Java for Palm OS on their Centro figured out a solution?

I happened to have my original copy of Java for Palm OS on my computer, but you can still download it from mytreo.net software download section.
    Last edited by Kewl 700p; 06/19/2008 at 11:38 PM.
    No problems here with my vzw centro. I copied the jp9sec from my card to internal memory with filez though.
    install the attached file
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4.    #4  
    I have HotSync'd this file several times and it still doesn't work. The file shows up on FileZ, but despite having j9secpol.prc Maybe I'll try installing it from the microSD card....

However, thanks for confirming that it works on the Centro. If not, I may need to uninstall Java and resintall it and then hot sync j9secpol.prc.
    Did you go into the Java preferences and enable the feature after installing the file? It really does work.
    I can confirm that the j9secpolm.prc file hack does work on a Sprint 700p and Centro.

I installed mine a while back with Resco Explorer from the 700p SD card and bluetooth transfer from the 700p to the Centro.

I believe g-funkster hacked that file for us.

7.    #7  
    How do you set the preferences on Java?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Yes. I'm using this on my TX and 755p for quite a while now. Nice hack.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    How do you set the preferences on Java?
    I didn't have to setup anything in the Java prefs to make this file work. I only installed it from my miniSD card via Resco Explorer.
    Funny.

For me I just copied that file from the jvm zip I have on my pc to the card and then from the card to ram via resco explorer. It said I already had this file. I overwrote anyway and it made no difference. I was stilled asked for permission.

I downloaded the same file from the post above via Blazer and now it works. Who new. I'm using a 700p though.
  11.    #11  
    Well, on my old VZW 700p, downloading the J9secpol.prc file worked. But for some reason on my new VZW Centro, I have Hot Sync'd the file from my JVM files on my PC & even just downloaded the above file from Blazer (going to the non-mobile Treocentral.com) & Java still asks me permission to access the internet for both Opera Mini 4.1 & Hourly X Cast. It must be that VZW Centro is a different beast or I did something wrong. I downloaded the filed directly to the device. Thanks for everyone's input.
  12.    #12  
    Well, I used Filez to beam over the J9secpol.prc file from VZW Treo 700p to my VZW Centro and replaced the J9secpol.prc existing on my VZW Centro and finally stopped Java from asking permission for internet access.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Well, on my old VZW 700p, downloading the J9secpol.prc file worked. But for some reason on my new VZW Centro, I have Hot Sync'd the file from my JVM files on my PC & even just downloaded the above file from Blazer (going to the non-mobile Treocentral.com) & Java still asks me permission to access the internet for both Opera Mini 4.1 & Hourly X Cast. It must be that VZW Centro is a different beast or I did something wrong. I downloaded the filed directly to the device. Thanks for everyone's input.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Well, I used Filez to beam over the J9secpol.prc file from VZW Treo 700p to my VZW Centro and replaced the J9secpol.prc existing on my VZW Centro and finally stopped Java from asking permission for internet access.

Thanks for everyone's help!
    Confirmed... BEAMING works for me to (from 650 -> centro)
    Previously I downloaded the file and I still got the prompt. Didn't try hotsync yet.