1.    #1  
    I just got a new Centro from Verizon. I tried to sync it with Time Matters and it doesn't recognize it at all. I've had several Palms and they all worked. In 2006 there was a discussion here about palm treo 600 and time matters. They discussed getting the software from Palm and that it would then work. Palm has discontinued the software. My choices are to return the phone or find someone with the software or find someone who has solved this problem of syncing. Can anyone help?

zlawman
    I had never heard of "Time Matters", but a simple Google search brought me to http://www.tmtraining.net/index.htm. They might be a better resource. I wasn't wise enough to go to law school, but I use a calendar called Time & Chaos that synchs well with the Palm OS and offers a legal billing module very inexpensively.
    Mark Bergman
    I have a Sprint Centro using TimeMatters in our law office. It took some
    fiddling with the setup for Palm syncing but it does work. I only sync my
    personal calendar because the contacts database for the firm is well over
    15,000 entries.
    If you haven't already, try re-setting up the Centro in the TimeMatters setup.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I had this same problem. I spoke with time matters and here is the story.

My centro came with the new palm desktop and with the new hotsynch manager. The new hotsynch manager I believe is version 7.

Apparently Time Matters does not recognize the newest version of the hot synch manager. So you need to download an older version of the Palm desktop and then Time Matters will synch.

you can get the older desktop at www.palm.com/support/downloads/windesk42v.html

then go to file/synch/palm handheld and follow the instructions.

good luck.
    I'm glad I saw this thread. I'll be setting up my TimeMatters sync on Monday with my new Centro. Glad to know it should work.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    I have been wondering about this ever since I switched from my 650 to my Centro. So no problems are caused with the Centro by downloading the older Palm software? And I'll be able to sync directly with Timematters 8.0 without having to sync with Outlook and then my Centro? I too have a zillion contacts and files that I want to sync with my Centro. I miss the ability to bill files on my Centro while I'm out and about.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyjams View Post
    I had this same problem. I spoke with time matters and here is the story.

My centro came with the new palm desktop and with the new hotsynch manager. The new hotsynch manager I believe is version 7.

Apparently Time Matters does not recognize the newest version of the hot synch manager. So you need to download an older version of the Palm desktop and then Time Matters will synch.

you can get the older desktop at www.palm.com/support/downloads/windesk42v.html

then go to file/synch/palm handheld and follow the instructions.

good luck.
    The link is outdated. Is it the 4.1.4 version?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    yes. That is the correct version. 4.1.4

It's not the palm desktop that is the problem it's the HotSynch Manager that is causing the problem.

So as long as you use Hot Synch Manager 6.0.1 you will be fine.
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    yes. That is the correct version. 4.1.4

It's not the palm desktop that is the problem it's the HotSynch Manager that is causing the problem.

So as long as you use Hot Synch Manager 6.0.1 you will be fine.
    so do i need to download the entire 4.1.4 or can i just download hotsync 6.0.1? thanks a buttload bobbyjams
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    My tiny noggin couldn't figure out how to use the new palm desktop with the older Hot Synch Mgr. So I just went back to the old palm desktop with the Hot Synch built right in.

But if you figure it out. More power to you.

Bobby
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    My tiny noggin couldn't figure out how to use the new palm desktop with the older Hot Synch Mgr. So I just went back to the old palm desktop with the Hot Synch built right in.

But if you figure it out. More power to you.

Bobby

Ok, I got my hotsync to work so I can get my calendar directly through Timematters. But my TM Contacts and TM billing don't come through even though I've checked the conduits to have them sync. Is there some matching that has to get done to make this happen? On my Treo650 I had all of my files on it and could bill the files from it.
    Last edited by miller; 07/14/2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: new response