Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey I have a few questions about it

Does it run like a normal phone with added features all the time? Or can you only answer calls/receive messages when in "phone mode"?
    Can you send and receive pictures/music/video through bluetooth like a normal phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Campo View Post
    Does it run like a normal phone with added features all the time?
    Yes? You can however turn the phone component on and off independently.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Yes? You can however turn the phone component on and off independently.
    What I mean is, if I am watching a video or listening to music and somebody rings me will it come up straight away? Or do I have to be in phone mode
    The phone will come on; however, depending on your carrier, if you are dataing, it goes to voice mail (CDMA).
  5.    #5  
    What do you mean by dataing?? Using the internet??
    I think it means that if you're using your data connection, like for wap or internet or whatever, that the phone goes to voicemail if you're on the CDMA network...is that right?
    Our phones are of course, not going to be running on our non-existent CDMA network so the call may still come through?

I will run a test call nd get back to you in a few mins.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 750 WM5 -> Treo 650 -> "Glacier" Centro -> Treo 750 WM6 -> Treo Pro
    Ok, while surfing the internet on the Centro I just received an incoming call so yes, you can have an open data connection and still receive incoming calls.

As for music etc, yes I can easily send pictures and ringtones (mp3s) between the centro, my treo and my daughters samsung. I even send programs between my centro and treo (treo runs the palm applications using Style Tap).

I hope this helps.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 750 WM5 -> Treo 650 -> "Glacier" Centro -> Treo 750 WM6 -> Treo Pro
    CDMA (Sprint/Verison) goes to voice mail when data is active.

GSM (rest of the world?) you get the phone and the data at the same time.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by javajunkie80 View Post
    Ok, while surfing the internet on the Centro I just received an incoming call so yes, you can have an open data connection and still receive incoming calls.

As for music etc, yes I can easily send pictures and ringtones (mp3s) between the centro, my treo and my daughters samsung. I even send programs between my centro and treo (treo runs the palm applications using Style Tap).

I hope this helps.
    So it will all send fine through bluetooth like a normal phone? eg. nokia
    I'm gonna say yes. My daughter's phone is actually a sony ericsson (I just double checked).

I know that I've sent ringtones, using my treo, to both nokia and sony ericsson phones without any problems.

I did however, use zlauncher, to access all my files. Zlauncher is launcher and is fantastic (in my opinion) and will allow you to launch programs directly off your SD card. It also allows you to make your centro much more customisable - more than it already is of course.

Someone else back me up on the transfer thing?
  11.    #11  
    OK thanks, just needed to check

Can you see if she can send you files with no probs?
    I used Zlauncher on the Centro, sorry I didn't make that clear. Actually i use Zlauncher on all of my palm devices.
    Let me check both directions for you. bbs
    I just sent a photo between the two phones. Both sending and receiving from/to the Centro.
  15.    #15  
    Awesome thanks

Also, how come there is two URL/forums with the same topics and everything??

There is treocentral and smartphoneexperts......
    Yes, they share forums for some phones.

If you've got itunes or listen to podcasts, check out both the TreoCentral and the WMExperts podcasts. TreoCentral did a pretty comprehensive review of the centro (podcast #38) which may be quite helpful to you in deciding.

Let us know which device you end up buying ok?
  17.    #17  
    Will do.

Got one more question, is the camera a video camera?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    yes it does. actually, not to put you off, but http://www.palm.com has a nice demo that goes over all of these features.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
  19.    #19  
    OK Thanks, Also, can you lock the keypad?
    Yes, camera is a video camera (completely separate option to open it in that mode, plus an option when using the still to swap between vid and still).

There is a keypad lock.
    When you hit power you then have to hit the centre button on the 5 way pad. It's very easy to disable and it's been automatically enabled on all of mine (Treos and centro) - although you can switch it off of course
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast