Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    CDMA (Sprint/Verison) goes to voice mail when data is active.
    This isn't true. It was true on pre-EVDO Sprint. On a Centro with EVDO, if you have a data connection going, a call will come in and the data connection will be suspended.
  2.    #22  
    Thanks everyone, sounds like an awesome phone
    I agree with mogulman

On my Sprint Centro, the active data connection will be suspended when a call comes in. Then with PhoneSwitch basic (freeware and by Boraware) installed, the data connection will be returned and to where I was when the call is hung up.

In device Prefs/Network/Network Prefs there is an option to send calls to Voice Mail or to accept the call during the data connection.

I guess I am blind - I cannot find that setting on my Sprint Centro.
    Ben

Go into device Prefs panel, then to 'Network' select it, then when in 'Network' press the device menu button and scroll to 'Options' then select 'Preferences'

You will see at the bottom of the screen, 'Send voice calls to voicemail during active Power Vision data connection'

When this option is ticked, phone calls will go to Voicemail. Leave unticked and the phone call will disrupt the data connection and your phone will ring when the call comes in.

It's on my Sprint Centro, so it will (should) be on yours too. Although, I have a mainland black Sprint Centro and not a Hawaiian Centro. D:

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    CDMA (Sprint/Verison) goes to voice mail when data is active.
    Not true. I have Sprint and I can remember having calls come through while I was surfing via blazer.

So, I just tested it, I started surfing, and called my Centro from my landline. While blazer was loading a page, my phone started ringing and I got an on screen message saying I had an incoming call.

Edited to add: Sorry....guess I should have read the rest of the thread before posting.
    Turns out I all ready had my device set to ring through. Gosh what one forgets about.
  8.    #28  
    The ones from telstra are only white, now i'm undecided
    Quote Originally Posted by Campo View Post
    The ones from telstra are only white, now i'm undecided
    Apparently Telstra have a 3 month exclusive. Maybe if they are selling well somebody else will bring out another colour after that.

You can get an unlocked black one from expansys.com.au, but for $100 more!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12