1.    #1  
    RNS:: Calorie GPS uses the GPS technology to calculate the amount of calories that your body burns.
    It will work together with a GPS receiver connected to your Palm.
    With its help it will track your location, calculate your speed, and distance travelled.
    Using this information it will constantly estimate the current caloric consumption of your body, as well as calculate the total amount of calories burnt.

http://www.ranosoft.net/images/screenshots/Rgca.gif
    RNS:: software for your Treo! www.ranosoft.net/treo
    And hopefully you have an unlimited media/data plan or else I'd hate to see that phone bill lol. Sounds like a neat idea though, especially for people who walk a lot on the job.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  3.    #3  
    Data plan? What for?
    All you need is connect to a GPS device, which is free.
    Don't most GPS devices use your data connection? (I've never had/used one)
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  5.    #5  
    Not at all. Most GPS receivers (if not all) don't use data connection at all. Perhaps you're confusing GPS with GPRS (which indeed uses the data connection).

GPS receivers are small devices that receive signal from satellite and then pass it via Bluetooth (or cable) to your Palm. Then special software on Palm uses this information to tell you your position on the Earth, your elevation, speed, heading direction, etc. There are no charges for that all.
    I know what GPS is. I just didn't know exactly how it got its information.
  7.    #7  
    I hope my explaination helped a little