1.    #1  
    I can turn off sync docstogo but the real culprit seems to be the built in apps like Contacts, Memos and Tasks and backup. Is there any way I can speed up this process?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    How about forgoing it entirely by using NVbackup and a card reader of some sort? NVbackup on mine takes about a minute.
    Are you still syncing media? Do you need to backup the files? As lorsban said, NVBackup will take care of a lot of it. Have NVBackup copy to an ftp server in case your phone is stolen or lost.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Don't do backu through hotsync, use NVBackup for that. This will speed your sync time up considerably.
    Are you using a USB port that has sufficient power to sustain sync?

USB0 on the back of your computer, connected to motherboard or a powered USB 2.0 hub are the best choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by truspark View Post
    I can turn off sync docstogo but the real culprit seems to be the built in apps like Contacts, Memos and Tasks and backup. Is there any way I can speed up this process?
    I have the Media, Docs to Go and the Backup conduits turned off and it takes about 1 minute to back up via bluetooth connection. About once a month I back up everything and I do it thru USB connection.

4x daily BackupMan backs up everything to my SD card, but I like having the info on my desktop (Datebook and SplashMoney) so Hotsync is necessary.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Are you still syncing media? Do you need to backup the files? As lorsban said, NVBackup will take care of a lot of it. Have NVBackup copy to an ftp server in case your phone is stolen or lost.
    How do you do a copy to an ftp server???
    Treo 180, 300, 600, 650, still regretting the 680, Centro, ...
    Waiting for the next worthy smart-phone while test-driving an iPhone for the last 3 months.
    My suggestion is to NOT rely upon using an Internet based backup device as your soul buddy, 'cause if you are in an area with a weak signal, you just might not be able to make the backup or restore. A card based solution is by far the preferred method and of course, a standard backup is occasionally needed should the card have a heart attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by rubso View Post
    How do you do a copy to an ftp server???
    NVBackup -> Server Settings.
    At the bottom is Export after scheduled backup