1.    #1  
    Just wondering, what maps do you guys have that's loaded on your SD Card?

Does it make a diff for Garmin's speed if you load "just" the certain maps you need ? Compaired to loading the entire North America Map?

I'm trying to figure out why my Garmin is so slow.

Any help will do, pls & thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    Just wondering, what maps do you guys have that's loaded on your SD Card?

Does it make a diff for Garmin's speed if you load "just" the certain maps you need ? Compaired to loading the entire North America Map?

I'm trying to figure out why my Garmin is so slow.

Any help will do, pls & thank you
    I just picked up the Garmin 20 and it came with all the maps on a miniSD card. The only thing loaded on the treo appears to be the app itself.

The card is only 2gig with about 700meg free, and I had more than 700 meg on my existing card, so I picked up a 4gig, high speed, card and copied the Garmin data onto it. Then I copied my stuff from my old card to the 4gig as well. I did have to edit a file in the Garmin structure to contain my unlock code, but other than that all is well.

I do have to unload Good Messaging from memory when I use the Garmin software, and vice-versa. But I am not seeing anything particularly slow. It is as fast as a dedicated GPS? No. But all things considered, it is acceptable for my needs.