Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    It's time to renew my 2-year contract with AT&T. I currently have a Palm Treo 650.

The Centro is out of the question -- keyboard is too small for me. And AT&T doesn't seem to be offering the 680 as an upgrade item anymore.

I keep hearing about Palm releasing new WINDOWS Treo phones, but nothing on the Palm platform.

For the first time, I am looking at a Blackberry -- and would love to have built-in wi-fi. But, at the same time, I have a lot of money invested in 3rd-party Palm applications that I would hate to lose.

So what should I do? Is there any reason to wait for an actual upgrade on the Palm platform?
    go to the 755p. Excellent phone
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    Does AT&T offer the 755?

I was going to suggest switching to Sprint and getting the 755. Faster, cheaper data, excellent coverage in my experience.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    right, switch to Sprint and sign up for the SERO plan, $30 a month for new customers for unlimited data, 550 anytime minutes and unlimited night/weekend minutes per month : http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/sprin...epclanding.asp ; I believe you can also buy a treo 755p on the SERO plan.
    Sprint Treo 755p (blue) with SanDisk 2GB miniSD card. some of my apps installed: TakephOne, DateBk6, 2Day, 4Cast, BellTime 1.0, Palm PDF, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Kinoma 4, TCPMP, Webmessenger, Card Reader, Slingplayer Mobile, Mobipocket Reader, PS Memo, Virtual Piano, Resco Backup, Cleanup, Uninstall, Destaller, Virtual Piano, Favogo, Snap, Thesaurus, TryDA, Colorize, ChatterEmail, DBFixit, Icon Manager, Noah Pro Dictionary, zLauncher, FileZ, RNS Cuckoo Clock, 25 games.
    What about not renewing your contract and just getting an unlocked Treo 680, and then just switching the SIM card. That way, you can still keep your existing data plans and get a slightly better phone with more memory and updated software.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    go to the 755p. Excellent phone
    That means switching to sprint. Sprint is a total joke, the customer service is terrible and when I was on sprint my phone was always roaming.

Stick with AT&T, you should be able to upgrade to the blackberry bold, which will most likely turn out to be a great phone, like the rest of the blackberry range. I wouldn't wait for anything from palm at this point, I love my treo but I doubt anything new is coming anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarMachine View Post
    That means switching to sprint. Sprint is a total joke, the customer service is terrible and when I was on sprint my phone was always roaming.

Stick with AT&T, you should be able to upgrade to the blackberry bold, which will most likely turn out to be a great phone, like the rest of the blackberry range. I wouldn't wait for anything from palm at this point, I love my treo but I doubt anything new is coming anytime soon.
    too bad you had such a disappointing experience, that is not my experience however so I guess they are not a TOTAL joke. The joke is on people having to pay $45 or more for their data service, when Sprint only charges $15.
    I also have had excellent interaction with Sprint. When a problem arises (I speak English), a second call has always taken care of the problem when I have encountered a person who does not speak English very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    too bad you had such a disappointing experience, that is not my experience however so I guess they are not a TOTAL joke. The joke is on people having to pay $45 or more for their data service, when Sprint only charges $15.
    I gladly pay AT&T $30 for data, the coverage is better in every area that I frequent, the voice calls are clearer, and the customer service has been great. There was not a single time I called sprint customer service and ever got a straight answer or even had them do what I wanted (they sent me phones that came DOA twice and charged me for things that I was not signed up for), and I never waited less than 20 minutes on hold with them. Oh, and then when I tried to switch to AT&T I found out that sprint had charged me a $175 early termination fee on one of my lines because they insist I had cancelled it 2 days before my contract ended. I clearly didn't do that, but somehow them sending me a dead phone and me saying "I don't have another phone to activate on this line at the moment" means they should cancel my service and charge me without asking.

AT&T on the other hand has been great, they do what I ask (because they are simple requests), they answer all my questions, and never keep me on hold more than 2 or 3 minutes.