Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Thanks, Septimus! You may have saved me some $ with this timely news. I was so frustrated by the lags I was about to get a Verizon Centro today just for better firmware. Now I think I'll wait and see what the patch brings...
    wonder if it will work on a 700p
    Will this update reflash the ROM?

In other words, will we have to do a complete backup of data and expect a hard reset after the update?

Thanks,

H.
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Life will be great with my 755P if we can get rid of the lags and help the bluetooth hands free in my car. Several times I've wanted to just chuck the phone out the window!
    that is how all updates have been in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by hgoldner View Post
    Will this update reflash the ROM?

In other words, will we have to do a complete backup of data and expect a hard reset after the update?

Thanks,

H.
    So with the ROM being updated, would a restore of a backup created by NVBackup from the pre-updated unit fail? (I also use BackupMan, but I find NVBackup's restores easier for complete restorations ---- BackupMan is great for individual files).

H
    Mobile lawyering since 1988: Seiko --> Sharp Wizard --> Sharp Zaurus --> Palm III --> IIIx --> Vx --> m515 --> T|2 --> T|3 --> T|X --> Treo 755p --> HTC Droid Incredible
    i would suggest installing from scratch. people have had bad luck restoring from backups after a ROM update.