Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Darn, no GPS activation. Well maybe next release.
    Improved Audio Experience
    I wonder if this means they finally got the hidden a2dp feature working right?
    Still no official word on fixing the fact you can't get a PRL update.
    yeah Sprint, fix the PRL Updates!!!!
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I highly doubt Palm would "unlock" A2DP on Garnet on a freebie ROM update. I personally think Garnet & all Garnet-based devices are toast (despite what Palm says) but if they DID get A2DP going, they'd save it for a future Centro 2.0 device.

Furthermore, you can pretty much forget about ever seeing the Google Maps location features in a Garnet device. Palm was just saying that at the time because it was what everyone wanted to hear and they didn't want to hamper the Centro's strong initial momentum.

Besides, if Palm DID choose to get location features enabled...they'd save it for a Centro 2.0!
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    I highly doubt Palm would "unlock" A2DP on Garnet on a freebie ROM update. I personally think Garnet & all Garnet-based devices are toast (despite what Palm says) but if they DID get A2DP going, they'd save it for a future Centro 2.0

I'm kinda hoping they do. I mean its already there. I kinda gotta working one time after a zero out reset on my 700p with 755 rom update. Plus Sprint was even advertising the Centro as a2dp in they're own adds. I dont know if its still there but if you looked through the Sprint TV section under phones etc.

But we'll see
    This software update is a real snoozer... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Perhaps a testament to the relative quality of the Centro software that the update isn't seen as critical to most people!

I'd hazard a guess that A2DP isn't supported, but Google Maps location is.
    This morning I woke up and saw a notification from Sprint: Update my Centro. I was still half awake and clicked on it and some download process started. Some colorful progress bar, I saw AddIt and BFViewer names, then an error and white screen. Hit the Home button and seems no harm done.

Sprint tried something but it seems botched. Anyone?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    Furthermore, you can pretty much forget about ever seeing the Google Maps location features in a Garnet device. Palm was just saying that at the time because it was what everyone wanted to hear and they didn't want to hamper the Centro's strong initial momentum.

Besides, if Palm DID choose to get location features enabled...they'd save it for a Centro 2.0!
    I think a bigger reason the Google maps isn't getting done is there is already a work around for GSM phones. And since most of the world is on GSM, CDMA users can apparently go pound salt
    Maybe better voice control means that it will include the Voice Signal (now Nuance) voice dialing app that is available on the AT&T Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    This morning I woke up and saw a notification from Sprint: Update my Centro. I was still half awake and clicked on it and some download process started. Some colorful progress bar, I saw AddIt and BFViewer names, then an error and white screen. Hit the Home button and seems no harm done.
    Where did you see this? What application were you updating?
    I just saw a notification from Sprint and clicked on it. Same as other notifications like email, reminders etc.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Darn, no GPS activation. Well maybe next release.
    The Centro hardware does not support it so a software update will never be able to add full GPS support
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    As I understand it, Google Maps is supposed to have the ability to use a MyLocation feature where the location of the device is identified through the use of signals from nearby cell phone towers with known positions/locations. This may not be as accurate as GPS, but if it could be activated on the Centro, it might be sufficient for some people/cases.
    GSM only.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Does Verizon sound like a GSM provider to you? Sprint Centro has some APIs missing compared to the other ones, seeing as it was released waaay before any other Centro. MyLocation will work after the firmware update, heck, even Google says so.