Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I just installed the trial version of 'touch launcher' which is the new Iphone rip off interface for the Palm - its cool looking but to be honest I want to go back to the old/normal launcher. Because touch launcher changes the menus all around - I can't find how you remove this application. It used to be that you could just call up the 'delete' menu and remove an application but with this installed I can't find where you can do that. Please advise.
    I had the same problem. I've now uninstalled it myself, so I don't remember the exact names, but there is an item in Menu/Options that says something like "Go to Applications" which will take you to the original Palm Applications screen. From there, you can go to App/Delete to remove the launcher.
    I recommend you install 'Destaller'. It won't help for this app, but it tracks all programs installed so that you can easily uninstall them as well as all other files that app installed or creates.

A 'Must' if you use trial versions.
    RJuhl
    If you need to go to the regular palm launcher, you could do a warm reset and which not startup any additional programs. This will start you in the palm launcher. Goto the delete menu and remove touchlauncher.
    Another way to get to the default palm launcher is to go to the sounds prefs and click done. For some reason that screen is set to dump you to the regular palm launcher. Then delete menu...
    This stuff isn't hard. But you do have to press buttons....

Press your 'Home' button, When TouchLauncher comes up, press the device menu button and sroll to 'Exit' Then select it.

When the default launcher comes up, press the device menu button again and select 'Delete' Then press the 'T' key and select T-Launcher and then tap the 'Delete' button.

All Done...

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    treo traveler - that did it! You are the best ever - thanks!
    Hi everybody, I was one more guy who was struggling to remove touch launcher. With your directions, I could manage it easily. Thanks a ton!
    Just in case anyone else runs into the problem. I documented it in the TL FAQ:
    http://ahsirg.kvplab.com/faq
    Hey Cavingjan

Brilliant suggestion re sounds prefs. I tried for 4 hours to rid of T-Launcher & I only downloaded this morning. What an invasive programme.

Whoever wrote this programme certainly knows how to upset potential customers
    As the developer I shall state again that to prevent future misunderstanding:

There is NO NEED to do any warm-soft-hard or any other resets to remove TouchLauncher
    The only thing that needs to be done is Pressing Menu->Options->Exit in TL, and then removing it as a usual palmos application

-Ryhor
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asianscot View Post
    Hey Cavingjan

Brilliant suggestion re sounds prefs. I tried for 4 hours to rid of T-Launcher & I only downloaded this morning. What an invasive programme.

Whoever wrote this programme certainly knows how to upset potential customers
    Come on. Are you sure you need a PDA style phone. This isn't rocket science here!!!

Invasive program??? It does what it sells itself as - a launcher!!

Take care ..................Greg
    To ahsirg and everyone else,
    As a Palm user for ten years, and a Treo user for two, I can only say for myself, why in the world would anyone want to remove Touchlauncher? I find it to be remarkable improvement to my device, and tremendously helpful every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy Joe View Post
    To ahsirg and everyone else,
    As a Palm user for ten years, and a Treo user for two, I can only say for myself, why in the world would anyone want to remove Touchlauncher? I find it to be remarkable improvement to my device, and tremendously helpful every day.
    What's with your need for self abuse? The shell restricts you to limited installed apps and the tries to force you to register... Ever hear of NAGWARE? This one takes the cake...

Bum
    thanks for that tip ahsirg
    I tried touchlauncher a while back but was disheartened that the trial only offered limited functionality. Went back to using the ever faithful Zlauncher.

But kept reading how so many folks were enjoying Touchlauncher and after the new update just took the 6.99 plunge and downloaded the full program, along with a few icon sets.

I spent NUMEROUS hours categorizing and "managing" the icons on my Centro and the 4GB card. frustrated by several error messages and rescans that forced reassignment of the icons and categorizing.

I have no way of knowing WHY this keeps happening. I've deleted Zlauncher so there should be no conflict between the launchers.

When Touchlauncher worked the few times it did - it was nifty, but it seemed to build up error messages with each use. I used Resco Explorer file manager as coached in Ashrig's FAQs to remove all files starting"Tcl" then did a rescan - which menat reassigning all the icons !

Guess Touchlauncher is just not menat for my particular Centro! Its a Sprint Red centro. Anyone else have issues similar to this? ANy ideas? I'm not convinced at this point in time to invest yet more time to re establish Touchlauncher.

Part of my frustration also stems from the program's inability to rearrange the icons within the individual categories. The management lists don't exactly correspond to the categories - especially where programs on the card AND within the device are concerned.

Guess I'll wiait for another development.

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!