Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Hi,

my wife has been using a paid mail2web.com account for about 2 months now. A week ago, the service started to cause trouble. Sent e-mails, especially sent to .Mac accounts, but sometimes also to gmail etc. simply don't arrive. They show up in the "sent" box, everything seems to be ok - but nothing arrives. She tried sending e-mails via the web frontend and the Centro, with the same result.

We've contacted customer support because of that but didn't get an answer.

So - are there any other providers that offer hosted exchange services for a reasonable price?

dakis

ps: she's using a .Mac address that doesn't offer IMAP idle, so directly accessing the mailbox via chatter is not an option - also, IMAP idle is too much of a battery hog
    Last edited by dakis; 06/13/2008 at 11:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    What about the stock email app (Sprint/Att Mail by Seven)? Its not real push but is so close that I have a hard time telling the difference (often my Centro notifies me of incoming mail BEFORE my yahoo messenger does)
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDZeD View Post
    What about the stock email app (Sprint/Att Mail by Seven)? Its not real push but is so close that I have a hard time telling the difference (often my Centro notifies me of incoming mail BEFORE my yahoo messenger does)
    I'm in Europe - they ship the Centros with Versamail here, nothing else. My wife had it set to check for new mail every 15 minutes via IMAP - that killed the battery in 8 hours :-(

dakis
    Can you use .mac with POP3 mode? ChatterEmail and other email clients can be set up to retrieve mail periodically from a POP3 server. I don't know if that uses the battery less than IMAP periodic syncs, however. I think any periodic network access would eat up the batter to a similar extent.
    Gmail and Chatter work great for push. Gmail is free. I had a mail2web account for pushing to my Treo750 and I am far happier with the Chatter solution. The batter drain for one account is about the same.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut View Post
    Gmail and Chatter work great for push. Gmail is free. I had a mail2web account for pushing to my Treo750 and I am far happier with the Chatter solution. The batter drain for one account is about the same.
    I've used chattermail myself - while DirectPush gives me about 2 full days of battery life, chattermail will cut that down to less than a day :-(

Is there really no other DirectPush / Hosted Exchange provider that offers active sync for a decent price?

dakis
    Take a look at http://www.microsoft.com/serviceprov...s/catalog.aspx for a rather comprehensive list of hosted exchange providers.
    At least one of them offers a 30 day trial.
    Mark
    Mark Bergman
    www.sherweb.com - cheapest I've seen and I use that one. Especially like it since I can add a pop3 account to the plan for only $1/mo (I wanted one exchange for myself and one pop3 for my wife - no other companies would do that). And it's Exchange 2007
    1and1.com offers Exchange 2007 for 6.95/mo and the first 3 months are free.
    Mark Bergman